InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to JohnnyDeppReads!

We've seen the first teaser trailer for MORTDECAI! How fun!!

THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS has begun filming in the UK, not sure if Johnny's on location yet...

Register now on JDR! Registered members can see all new posts quickly and all areas of our community are open for all to see, you can also comment or share Depp news here on JDR!!

Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Name:   Password:

JohnnyDeppReads - a place to discuss the news, books, plays, projects and materials relating to the works and interests of multi media artist Johnny Depp.

With respect to Mr. Depp we ask that no paparazzi images of his children be posted.

The Black Swan, WARNING SPOILERS
herestoyou
Posted: Dec 22 2010, 11:20 AM

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 21

My post is pretty much spoiler free, but be warned if others that have seen it respond.

Interesting movie--not sure it lived up to the hype for me. Natalie Portman was very good & I would imagine get an Oscar nom. It's a psychological thriller and some parts were really amazing, especially when they used the music from Swan Lake. I didn't see much humor in the movie, but some people laughed in parts blink.gif After this I need to see The Tourist again tongue.gif just so I can feel happy laugh.gif

I don't want to say too much, but if anyone else has seen it, please discuss it here.

-Donna

--------------------
"It is not the destination so much as the journey" ~Capt. Jack Sparrow
nurseanne8
Posted: Dec 22 2010, 03:23 PM

Member No.: 12

Thanks for the info Donna, this one is on my list. Anne r
Karen
Posted: Dec 22 2010, 03:53 PM

Administrator/Owner

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Thanks Donna, I haven't had time for any movies lately, but this one is on my list. Then I'll chime in!

--------------------
user posted image

No, I don't need help with my bags...I have a bloody manservant! - Charlie Mortdecai
herestoyou
Posted: Jan 9 2011, 02:12 PM

If you've see The Black Swan--check out this skit that was on SNL Saturday night with Jim Carey. If you're planning on seeing the film, watch this AFTER you've seen it........

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/vid...k-swan/1268821/

-Donna

--------------------
rachaelk101
Posted: Feb 18 2011, 12:47 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,576

QUOTE (herestoyou @ Jan 9 2011, 02:12 PM)
If you've see The Black Swan--check out this skit that was on SNL Saturday night with Jim Carey. If you're planning on seeing the film, watch this AFTER you've seen it........

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/vid...k-swan/1268821/

-Donna

DONNA!!! That was hillarious! I love the "wings" part!
But for the movie...I agree with you Donna, I LOVED the music they used in it, it gave it a creepy eerie feel. When I saw this movie in the theater, I actually was tired and had my eyes closed, but it was so good, that it is one of my favorites, even from just hearing it! I loved Winonna too, all i could think of when I heard her voice was Kim from ES. rolleyes.gif

Edited to remove "texting."

This post has been edited by Karen on Feb 18 2011, 08:10 AM

--------------------
I think the thing to do is to enjoy the ride while you're on it.

Rachael
cabungirl
Posted: Mar 28 2011, 11:19 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 170

free black swan screenings event
Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco
http://www.iwasperfect.com/
http://www.gofobo.com/screenings/black_swa...rfectcom/735550

--------------------
user posted image
THANKS DEPPINK
herestoyou
Posted: Mar 28 2011, 08:13 PM

Thanks for those links cabungirl--interesting that they're doing a screening--I believe the DVD comes out tomorrow?

@rachael---I don't think Winona was in this one---it was Natalie Portman.....
It definitely was the most unusual film from last year I thought. ....

-Donna

--------------------
rachaelk101
Posted: Mar 28 2011, 09:32 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,576

QUOTE (herestoyou @ Mar 28 2011, 08:13 PM)
Thanks for those links cabungirl--interesting that they're doing a screening--I believe the DVD comes out tomorrow?

-Donna

Winonna played the old dancer, the one that ends up in the hospital. Yes, VERY different, very good story.

--------------------
I think the thing to do is to enjoy the ride while you're on it.

Rachael
herestoyou
Posted: Mar 28 2011, 10:13 PM

QUOTE (rachaelk101 @ Mar 28 2011, 08:32 PM)
QUOTE (herestoyou @ Mar 28 2011, 08:13 PM)

-Donna

Winonna played the old dancer, the one that ends up in the hospital. Yes, VERY different, very good story.

"I stand corrected."---you're absolutely right! I completely forgot about Winona as the older dancer--thank you!

-Donna

--------------------
CaptainJ'sGirl
Posted: Jun 9 2011, 08:37 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,099

I just saw this movie monday night. I thought it was pretty good. I could see what all the hype was about. I didn't think that it was a movie to hype up about but a friend of mine who saw it with me said that it had an interesting concept. She is legally blind, my friend, and she shut her eyes several times but said the movie was still creepy because of the "sounds." I thought that was neat.

All in all I did like the movie and even though someone spoiled the end for me I still had no idea how they would get there which was still pretty cool.

Definately worth my time.

~ captainjack.gif

--------------------
user posted image
herestoyou
Posted: Jun 9 2011, 10:00 PM

Glad you liked it CJGirl--that's what I liked about it---it was different--the music was as much a "character" in the film as the other players. The visuals were great, too.

-Donna

--------------------
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive

NOTICE: This site is maintained and updated by its owner, site moderators and fans of actor Johnny Depp, and is in no way affiliated with Mr. Depp, his family, agents or company. Copyrights and trademarks for the films, articles, music, books, photos and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design, my original artwork or photography as well as JDR interviews and book club discussions however are copyright 2004-2013 JohnnyDeppReads.com. Contact: admin@johnnydeppreads.com

Please note that JohnnyDeppReads.com is not associated with any other sites, blogs, twitterpages, etc other than the ones posted at the top of this page (JDR blogs, etc.). Please report any abuse to admin@johnnydeppreads.com