Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to JohnnyDeppReads!
Johnny and Amber just held their engagement party in LA over the weekend. Johnny's got a break in his schedule, so you never know where he'll be or what'll happen next! Check back often, you never know what's going on!
Register now on JDR! Registered members can see all new posts quickly and all areas of our community are open for all to see, you can also comment or share Depp news here on JDR!!

Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Name:   Password:

JohnnyDeppReads - a place to discuss the news, books, plays, projects and materials relating to the works and interests of multi media artist Johnny Depp.

With respect to Mr. Depp we ask that no identifying images of his children be posted here.

Pitt in the Lone Ranger?
Karen
Posted: Dec 1 2010, 04:40 PM

Administrator/Owner

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

--------------------
Angelica to Jack - "How is it we can never meet without you pointing something at me?"
wwjdd
Posted: Dec 1 2010, 07:13 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,691

Very interesting. If he and Brad got along well during the down times of the Tourist filming, I can completely see this. With George Clooney's reputation for practical joking on set, he and Johnny could create havoc on a shoot if he joined.

I'll bet Disney would be thrilled to get either one of those actors in that film with Johnny. That kind of star power attached to the familiar Lone Ranger theme (although this one sounds to be a much different take on the story)...seems like I can already hear gears turning in the heads of honchos and cash registers ringing.

I'm anxious to see how this plays out. Johnny hadn't said much about this movie until now.

--------------------
~Becca~ "I can name fingers and point names."

user posted image
Karen
Posted: Dec 1 2010, 08:19 PM

Administrator/Owner

QUOTE (wwjdd @ Dec 1 2010, 08:13 PM)
Very interesting. If he and Brad got along well during the down times of the Tourist filming, I can completely see this. With George Clooney's reputation for practical joking on set, he and Johnny could create havoc on a shoot if he joined.

I'll bet Disney would be thrilled to get either one of those actors in that film with Johnny. That kind of star power attached to the familiar Lone Ranger theme (although this one sounds to be a much different take on the story)...seems like I can already hear gears turning in the heads of honchos and cash registers ringing.

I'm anxious to see how this plays out. Johnny hadn't said much about this movie until now.

Good points!! It will be very interesting to see who we get...and when!

--------------------
Angelica to Jack - "How is it we can never meet without you pointing something at me?"
herestoyou
Posted: Dec 1 2010, 09:17 PM

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 21

Very interesting indeed....thanks for the link. I believe Brad's production company helped produce CATCF andalso Brad had a bit on Jump Street, too., so they've probably run into to each other over the years.

-Donna

--------------------
"It is not the destination so much as the journey" ~Capt. Jack Sparrow
wwjdd
Posted: Dec 2 2010, 07:42 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,691

Great points Donna!

--------------------
~Becca~ "I can name fingers and point names."

user posted image
Karen
Posted: Dec 2 2010, 07:43 PM

Administrator/Owner

QUOTE (herestoyou @ Dec 1 2010, 10:17 PM)
Very interesting indeed....thanks for the link. I believe Brad's production company helped produce CATCF andalso Brad had a bit on Jump Street, too., so they've probably run into to each other over the years.

-Donna

I think it's "Plan B"....isn't that right Donna??

--------------------
BaxterPeanut
Posted: Dec 2 2010, 09:42 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,008

I think "Plan B" is the name of Brad's production company Karen. This is an intriguing possibility, especially given their recent time together in Venice. In watching some of the ET clips it also sounded like Depp and family might spend more time with the Pitt/Jolie clan in France since they actually live relatively close to each other.

The storyline must be wide open for interpretation now, given that they had been talking about this Lone Ranger as an 'origin' story to set up another tentpole franchise (btw, don't think Pitt's been involved in a franchise series in his career yet - oops just remembered the Ocean series with Clooney, nevermind) anyway, I remember reading a lot of the choices people wanted, i.e. Clooney, Hamm, Mortensen, McConahey, et.al, were too old to portray a young Lone Ranger. If it's to be an origin story then they were thought to be leaning toward a younger actor obviously. But if these rumors are true, maybe they would develop a different concept and advance the timelines of the story and instead of showing how they met and bonded, they might jump right into their partnership and assume the audience already knows the backstory. Very intriguing. Pitt and JD would be a heck of a dynamic combo.
Karen
Posted: Dec 2 2010, 10:39 PM

Administrator/Owner

Interesting thoughts BaxterPeanut!! This project really could be something special! It'll be a fun one to watch.

--------------------
herestoyou
Posted: Dec 2 2010, 10:49 PM

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 21

It definitely will be interesting to see how they develop this--for me, I would love to see John Hamm in this role---he's very versatlie in both serious roles & comedy.

@Karen-yes, Brad's production company is(was?) Plan B & I thought I remember reading that Brad stopped by the set occasionally....

-Donna

--------------------
"It is not the destination so much as the journey" ~Capt. Jack Sparrow
Karen
Posted: Dec 3 2010, 07:56 AM

Administrator/Owner

QUOTE (herestoyou @ Dec 2 2010, 11:49 PM)
It definitely will be interesting to see how they develop this--for me, I would love to see John Hamm in this role---he's very versatlie in both serious roles & comedy.

@Karen-yes, Brad's production company is(was?) Plan B & I thought I remember reading that Brad stopped by the set occasionally....

-Donna

I'd much rather see Hamm in this role, he's great at "dead pan" serious guys, and seems to have fun with that type of role. Whenever I see Pitt in anything... all I see is Tyler Durden.. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register Now

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive

NOTICE: This site is maintained and updated by its owner, site moderators and fans of actor Johnny Depp, and is in no way affiliated with Mr. Depp, his family, agents or company. Copyrights and trademarks for the films, articles, music, books, photos and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design, my original artwork or photography as well as JDR interviews and book club discussions however are copyright © 2004-2013 JohnnyDeppReads.com. Contact: admin@johnnydeppreads.com

Please note that JohnnyDeppReads.com is not associated with any other sites, blogs, twitterpages, etc other than the ones posted at the top of this page (JDR blogs, etc.). Please report any abuse to admin@johnnydeppreads.com