InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to JohnnyDeppReads!
We've seen the first teaser trailer for MORTDECAI! How fun!!
THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS is still filming in the UK and it looks like Johnny's there filming!

TUSK opens Friday the 19th here in the US!

Register now on JDR! Registered members can see all new posts quickly and all areas of our community are open for all to see, you can also comment or share Depp news here on JDR!!

Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Name:   Password:

JohnnyDeppReads - a place to discuss the news, books, plays, projects and materials relating to the works and interests of multi media artist Johnny Depp.

With respect to Mr. Depp we ask that no paparazzi images of his children be posted.

Babylon Nights - Daniel Depp's next book
Karen
Posted: Jul 9 2010, 01:08 PM

Administrator/Owner

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Daniel Depp's next book "Babylon Nights" in his David Spandau series, will be released here in the US next month.

Here's the Amazon page for it Babylon Nights.

And here's what the publisher says about it on Amazon.

Fifteen years ago, Anna Mayhew won an Oscar for Best Actress. Rich, famous, and beautiful, she had the world at her feet. Nearly forty years old, Anna is being offered these days only bland supporting roles, the kind she got her acting started with. So she spends much of her time thinking up clever and dangerous methods of self-destruction.

But she may not have to kill herself after all. Anna discovers she has a stalker—Vincent, a crazed fan whose idea of love involves a straight razor and lots of blood. What better way to propel the name Anna Mayhew into film immortality? Enter David Spandau, ex-stuntman and private investigator, who has been hired by Anna’s sister Pam to protect the star. But Anna doesn’t want help—until she meets Spandau and decides she needs his intimate protection all the way to the Cannes Film Festival, where she’s slated to be a judge.

Spandau finds himself falling for Anna, as well. But there’s the not so small problem of trying to keep a woman alive who’d prefer to be dead. To complicate matters, Vincent has followed Anna to Cannes intent on a bloody consummation of their relationship and he is being tracked by Special, an opera-loving L.A. pimp trying to recover the mob-owned money Vincent stole from him.

So a deadly cat-and-mouse game that begins in the meat market of Hollywood culminates at the Roman orgy that is Cannes. Author Depp proves again to have the deadliest and most perceptive eye trained on the entertainment business today. With an enthralling, hair-raising final act, Babylon Nights is a twisted and sharply funny thrill ride that will delight Spandau fans and newcomers alike.

--------------------
user posted image

No, I don't need help with my bags...I have a bloody manservant! - Charlie Mortdecai
herestoyou
Posted: Jul 9 2010, 01:27 PM

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 21

Thanks Karen--that's a nice write up smile.gif

-Donna

--------------------
"It is not the destination so much as the journey" ~Capt. Jack Sparrow
amp
Posted: Jul 10 2010, 05:47 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 84

'Twisted and sharply funny' - that's for me. Thanks, Danny!!

Can't wait to be able to reserve it.

--------------------
user posted image
Karen
Posted: Jul 10 2010, 07:12 AM

Administrator/Owner

I love the subplot on this one, sounds like a real old fashioned detective story!

--------------------
user posted image

No, I don't need help with my bags...I have a bloody manservant! - Charlie Mortdecai
FANtasticJD
Posted: Jul 10 2010, 01:12 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 129

For those who didn't get it when it was released - or those who might want it in PDF format, perhaps to load onto an e-reader or just to keep on your computer - Loser's Town is available for download from Simon & Schuster UK FOR FREE and just for this weekend. I downloaded it yesterday. It's at the top of the page here: http://www.simonandschuster.co.uk/

The bonus is that it includes the first two chapters of Babylon Nights and I agree, that looks great!

--------------------
user posted image
Karen
Posted: Jul 10 2010, 07:03 PM

Administrator/Owner

THanks for the heads up Fan!

--------------------
user posted image

Karen
Posted: Jul 23 2010, 04:59 PM

Administrator/Owner

Daniel is doing some book signings in the LA and San Francisco areas:

Book Soup
http://www.booksoup.com/author-events.asp

8/5/2010 - 7:00pm
Event Details:

Daniel Depp presents and signs Babylon Nights

“Depp’s David Spandau shoots from the hip and joins the ranks of such great wise-cracking private eyes as Parker’s Spenser, Crais’ Elvis Cole, and Chandler’s Philip Marlowe. If you want proof, check out the exchange on page 29.” (Otto Penzler)

M Is For Mystery

86 East Third Avenue
San Mateo, CA 94401

http://www.mformystery.com/events.html

Thursday, August 12 at 7:00 PM: DANIEL DEPP - Babylon Nights

Book Passage

http://www.bookpassage.com/event/daniel-depp-babylon-nights

Daniel Depp - Babylon Nights
Start: Wed, 08/11/2010 - 7:00pm
End: Wed, 08/11/2010 - 9:00pm

Free Event - Open to the Public
Corte Madera store

Mysteries to Die For

2940 Thousand Oaks Boulevard
Thousand Oaks, California 91362
(805) 374-0084

http://www.mysteriestodiefor.com/calendar.htm

Saturday, August 7, 3:00 p.m.
DANIEL DEPP, BABYLON NIGHTS

Former Hollywood stuntman and current PI David Spandau is back on the entertainment scene when he is hired to guard Anna Mayhew. The aging Oscar winner and former tabloid headline sensation has captured the attention of a really disturbed stalker. She also needs protection as she is serving as a judge at the Cannes film festival using the opportunity to jumpstart her flagging career. Depp excels in his descriptions of the glitz and glamour of Cannes based on his considerable inside Hollywood knowledge that lends a sly charm to this clever casefile.

--------------------
user posted image

BuccaRoux
Posted: Jul 23 2010, 06:34 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 27

Thanks Karen, hopefully I can make it to one of these!

--------------------
user posted image
...................................................Peace, Love & Johnny Depp..............................................
Karen
Posted: Jul 23 2010, 06:58 PM

Administrator/Owner

QUOTE (BuccaRoux @ Jul 23 2010, 07:34 PM)
Thanks Karen, hopefully I can make it to one of these!

Oh I hope so too!! woohoocheer.gif

--------------------
user posted image

ivycastle
Posted: Jul 23 2010, 06:58 PM

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5

I definitely live in the wrong state.
Joanie

--------------------
user posted image
Karen
Posted: Jul 24 2010, 09:31 AM

Administrator/Owner

OK ya'll.....here's a change in our book discussion schedule! I've heard you all want to read it now!

http://johnnydeppreads.com/index.php?showtopic=9381

--------------------
user posted image

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive

NOTICE: This site is maintained and updated by its owner, site moderators and fans of actor Johnny Depp, and is in no way affiliated with Mr. Depp, his family, agents or company. Copyrights and trademarks for the films, articles, music, books, photos and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design, my original artwork or photography as well as JDR interviews and book club discussions however are copyright © 2004-2013 JohnnyDeppReads.com. Contact: admin@johnnydeppreads.com

Please note that JohnnyDeppReads.com is not associated with any other sites, blogs, twitterpages, etc other than the ones posted at the top of this page (JDR blogs, etc.). Please report any abuse to admin@johnnydeppreads.com