InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to JohnnyDeppReads!
We've seen the first teaser trailer for MORTDECAI! How fun!!
THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS is still filming in the UK and it looks like Johnny's there filming!
TUSK has opened here in the US.

Register now on JDR! Registered members can see all new posts quickly and all areas of our community are open for all to see, you can also comment or share Depp news here on JDR!!

Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Name:   Password:

JohnnyDeppReads - a place to discuss the news, books, plays, projects and materials relating to the works and interests of multi media artist Johnny Depp.

With respect to Mr. Depp we ask that no paparazzi images of his children be posted.

#1 Mark Salisbury's choice
Karen
Posted: Apr 14 2010, 06:17 AM

Administrator/Owner

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Thanks for joining us as we spend a few days chatting about the wonderfully beautiful ALICE IN WONDERLAND companion book written by Mark Salisbury!

Since the book was released a month later than planned, I'll be posting some photos to help those who haven't gotten their copy yet.

Let's start by talking about these photos that were posted by Mr. Salisbury on his own blog: http://marksalisbury.blogspot.com/

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
All photos Copyright Disney Enterprises, Inc. All Rights Reserved

All of these are great stand alone photos and terrific examples of the "eye candy" in the book.

What do you all have to say about them? Please share some thoughts....

--------------------
user posted image

No, I don't need help with my bags...I have a bloody manservant! - Charlie Mortdecai
Johnnygirl23
Posted: Apr 14 2010, 07:13 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,317

I love the book and everything in it. smile.gif I knew that I would not get disappointed by the book because the last one of him "Sweeney Todd" was also amazing. applause.gif
It is so interesting to get to see an exclusive look how this movie was made. How much work is in it. wub.gif
Always excited to get his new book. And I am glad I have this one aswell! thumbsup.gif

--------------------
user posted image
♥10 January 2008 ♥29 June 2009 ♥25 February 2010 ♥12 May 2011 ♥9 May 2012 ♥21 July 2013
Karen
Posted: Apr 14 2010, 05:08 PM

Administrator/Owner

Since this is a visual companion, was there anything that the photos helped to define about the movie?

--------------------
user posted image

No, I don't need help with my bags...I have a bloody manservant! - Charlie Mortdecai
herestoyou
Posted: Apr 14 2010, 06:03 PM

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 21

I agree--the pics in the book are stunning & so interesting to see some of the illustrations, too.

Photo 1-the cover pic--beautiful--Mia really has a great "look" about her that shows determination to me

Photo 2-The description for these pics say "Painting on the Red Queen's castle walls"--they sure do fit her character tongue.gif She's all about power & those claws on the beasts just seem to fit her demand for power. You may bring this up later Karen, but I believe in the Red Queen section of the book, HBC talked about her "look" being based partly on Queen Elizabeth 1--that pic on the right reminds me of her for some reason.

Photo 3-I LOVED these BTScenes photos---the person lying on the floor--was that supposed to be one of the monkeys that holds the furniture? I don't recall who the person to the right of Johnny, kneeling on the floor was supposed to be. I didn't realize that so much of the lady with the fake nose was CGI? It almost looks like Johnny & Helena are the most "normal" people in the shot-lol.

Photo 4-Ok-eyeballs & cut off fingers=Time Burton! His love of the "dark" side of things shows up in these props. However, I found it odd they were in the White Queen's castle---which shows she wasn't all sweetness & light, even though she reminded me of the good witch from the Wizard of Oz.

Photo 5-First--I loved how they put an Oraculum inside the cover jacket of the book & we can just glimpse Johnny as the MHatter to the left.
I liked how they used a real set for the shot of the "tall" Alice as I thought that was all CGI. On the back cover of the book they show the "set" she was in when they took that pic. Even though I knew it was "fake" I thought the way they handled the different sizes of Alice very well done & just flowed with the movie.

--------------------
"It is not the destination so much as the journey" ~Capt. Jack Sparrow
Karen
Posted: Apr 14 2010, 08:17 PM

Administrator/Owner

Good point about those examples! I was really "amused" that the "butter fingers" (I think they were called) were used by the White Queen...and the look that she had when smelling them was priceless.

I liked the photos Mark used in his page as I think they showed aspects of the main characters in unusual ways!

--------------------
user posted image

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive

NOTICE: This site is maintained and updated by its owner, site moderators and fans of actor Johnny Depp, and is in no way affiliated with Mr. Depp, his family, agents or company. Copyrights and trademarks for the films, articles, music, books, photos and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design, my original artwork or photography as well as JDR interviews and book club discussions however are copyright © 2004-2013 JohnnyDeppReads.com. Contact: admin@johnnydeppreads.com

Please note that JohnnyDeppReads.com is not associated with any other sites, blogs, twitterpages, etc other than the ones posted at the top of this page (JDR blogs, etc.). Please report any abuse to admin@johnnydeppreads.com