InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to JohnnyDeppReads!
We've seen the first teaser trailer for MORTDECAI! How fun!!
THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS is still filming in the UK and it looks like Johnny's there filming!
TUSK has opened here in the US.

Register now on JDR! Registered members can see all new posts quickly and all areas of our community are open for all to see, you can also comment or share Depp news here on JDR!!

Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Name:   Password:

JohnnyDeppReads - a place to discuss the news, books, plays, projects and materials relating to the works and interests of multi media artist Johnny Depp.

With respect to Mr. Depp we ask that no paparazzi images of his children be posted.

BOB Discussion Question #9, The Final Wrap
captainjacksparrow
Posted: Jan 16 2007, 10:01 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 7

Originally Posted by Karen
on 6/28/05 at 04:51 AM

I think this was a really fun and interesting book to read. I am so looking forward to the *new* updated version coming out.
1) But, in ending this discusssion, what is the thing that you learned about Tim and/or Johnny that you hadn't known before?
2) Is there something you wanted to talk about that I haven't brought up?

--------------------
I'm Captain Jack Sparrow, savvy
captainjacksparrow
Posted: Jan 16 2007, 10:03 PM

Jeppody

Crikey, how to answer this one?
Well, as for the first part. There were loads of things about Tim that I didn't know, little things really, but which I found interesting.
Such as Tim not liking to read. That amazed me, I really expected him to be an avid reader.
He also says that he enjoys drawing, but isn't very good at it. Heck, I wish I was that bad at drawing!!
Then there was the huge similarities to Johnny. Now that did fascinate me.
They were both regarded as weird as youngsters, they both want to do their own thing, their own way. I guess it is just as well that they think so alike too, or filming could have turned into a war!! lol
I admit that whilst I was reading the book, especially when Tim was explaining things, I kept forgetting that it was Tim I was reading about, not Johnny. The things they say, the way they say it, it's spooky how alike they are.
Oh, well I guess I've answered #2 as well. I wanted to compare the similarities between Tim and Johnny.
I know there was loads more I wanted to say, but I can't find the notes I made weeks ago, they are probably with the book, as I can't find that either!! Sheesh!!

--------------------
captainjacksparrow
Posted: Jan 16 2007, 10:04 PM

MerryK

We've come to the end of our discussion.. huh... ohk... it's been fun.
Well the similiarties between Johnny & Tim .. which you've all stated about.. where pretty obvious. It almost seemed like at times they were cut from the same cloth.
I've got a ?? though. Something I noticed in the way Tim wrote Hallowe'en. He always used that apostropy in the word every single time. Any ideas why?!?!!?
And one more ?? .. something we havent really touched on.. what Johnny wrote.. his "Foreward" .. can that guy write or what.. I love how he wrote in the first person. And just some of the things that he threw together.. like describing Tim's hair upon seeing him.. "A comb with legs would have outrun Jesse Owens, given one look at this guys locks" .. that is so Johnny... just that sort of thing. Will that day ever come that he will..... I'm sure y'all can finish my sentence.

--------------------
captainjacksparrow
Posted: Jan 16 2007, 10:06 PM

deppraved

I learned so much! For instance, I never knew he had started as a Disney animator, and that in itself explains so much!
and it was so much fun to read him express himself, some of his words seemed totally made up!
and yes, Johnny's foreword was in and of itself a good reason to purchase the book. I love his way with words.
I think they have a real little mutual admiration society going, Tim and Johnny.
it's a beautiful thing!

--------------------
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register Now

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive

NOTICE: This site is maintained and updated by its owner, site moderators and fans of actor Johnny Depp, and is in no way affiliated with Mr. Depp, his family, agents or company. Copyrights and trademarks for the films, articles, music, books, photos and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design, my original artwork or photography as well as JDR interviews and book club discussions however are copyright © 2004-2013 JohnnyDeppReads.com. Contact: admin@johnnydeppreads.com

Please note that JohnnyDeppReads.com is not associated with any other sites, blogs, twitterpages, etc other than the ones posted at the top of this page (JDR blogs, etc.). Please report any abuse to admin@johnnydeppreads.com