InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to JohnnyDeppReads!
Johnny and Amber just held their engagement party in LA over the weekend. Johnny's got a break in his schedule, so you never know where he'll be or what'll happen next! Check back often, you never know what's going on!
Register now on JDR! Registered members can see all new posts quickly and all areas of our community are open for all to see, you can also comment or share Depp news here on JDR!!

Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Name:   Password:

JohnnyDeppReads - a place to discuss the news, books, plays, projects and materials relating to the works and interests of multi media artist Johnny Depp.

With respect to Mr. Depp we ask that no identifying images of his children be posted here.

Discussion Point 27, Shantaram Wrap Up
jeppody
Posted: Jan 16 2007, 12:18 PM

Moderator/Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Originally Posted by Karen 12th March 2005

Is there anything from the book that you would like to discuss?

Anything that I didn't ask that you want to?

Throw them out here and let's talk about them! This is your discussion area!

--------------------
user posted image
Made for me by Johnnydepplover. Thanks Sam.
jeppody
Posted: Jan 16 2007, 12:19 PM

Moderator/Admin

MerryK

First I want to give a great big thank you and plate of ccc to you Karen for leading this discussion. It has been a long one hasnt it. I didnt even realize it till it had gotten mentioned.

Second.. another big thank you to Johnnylubber for all of those pics.. they were amazing and really helped one to visualize the city and its surroundings. I really liked that last one of the parade like.. took me right to that part in the book about them transporting that bear to safety.

I'd like to ask.. did anyone make any notes on all those philisophical.. deep spiritual thoughts.. sayings??? I would love to have a list to refer back to. I had made some notes.. but next time.. I think using the paper towels in my works lunch room wasnt the best idea..

I'm glad we were given the opportunity of reading this book because of Johnny.. I know it wouldnt have been one I would have picked up normally, especially with it being as big as it was and I know I will be giving it another read in the future.

--------------------
user posted image
jeppody
Posted: Jan 16 2007, 12:19 PM

Moderator/Admin

Deppmania2003

That is one thing I learned! I did not make any notes! But I know, I want to read this story again and then I definitely will do that. It is so full of those philosophical sayings and thoughts, when I read it I said to myself, I must remember that, but I was fooling myself by thinking I am still 20something LOL. My memory isn't what it used to be. *sigh*

I agree with you Mary Kay. Every book that Johnny mentions is very well worth reading! I trust him blind on that! And I hope there are lots more to come.

I think you did a wonderful job Karen, with it being such a big book, I think you covered all the important things in it, thank you again for that.

I am so looking forward to what's going to be made out of this book. Especially with Johnny involved with production too. I think you will get to see some surprising things from Johnny in this one. Don't you all think so too?

--------------------
user posted image
jeppody
Posted: Jan 16 2007, 12:20 PM

Moderator/Admin

Karen

You're welcome MK and the CCCNN were fab! Thanks! No, I didn't make a list of Lin's deeper spiritual thoughts. Darn. Wish I had.

--------------------
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive

NOTICE: This site is maintained and updated by its owner, site moderators and fans of actor Johnny Depp, and is in no way affiliated with Mr. Depp, his family, agents or company. Copyrights and trademarks for the films, articles, music, books, photos and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design, my original artwork or photography as well as JDR interviews and book club discussions however are copyright © 2004-2013 JohnnyDeppReads.com. Contact: admin@johnnydeppreads.com

Please note that JohnnyDeppReads.com is not associated with any other sites, blogs, twitterpages, etc other than the ones posted at the top of this page (JDR blogs, etc.). Please report any abuse to admin@johnnydeppreads.com