zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to JohnnyDeppReads!
HAPPY AUTUMN!!

We've had news that Johnny's project with JP Donleavy, THE GINGER MAN is finally moving forward. And we've also heard that "Pintel" will be returning for POTC5! I can't help but wonder who will be next? MARTY! Marty's back too! arrrrrrrrrrr

Register now on JDR! Registered members can see all new posts quickly and all areas of our community are open for all to see, you can also comment or share Depp news here on JDR!!

Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Name:   Password:

JohnnyDeppReads - a place to discuss the news, books, plays, projects and materials relating to the works and interests of multi media artist Johnny Depp.

With respect to Mr. Depp we ask that no paparazzi images of his children be posted.

Discussion Point 14, Oscar Fun
jeppody
Posted: Jan 16 2007, 10:46 AM

Moderator/Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Originally Posted by Karen 27th February 2005

user posted image
Thanks again to JohnnyLubber for the pic of a Colaba street

Let's pretend "Shantaram" has been released and it's up to YOU to decide the best of Johnny's scenes to use for publicity. That means YOU choose one scene that you think would best show JD's portrayal of Lin. Just for grins, let's pretend that nothing has been cut out. Yes, this movie would run for 5 hours. LOL OK, get the premise?

Tell us which one scene in the book that you think would best show off Johnny's acting in "Shantaram."

--------------------
user posted image
Made for me by Johnnydepplover. Thanks Sam.
jeppody
Posted: Jan 16 2007, 10:48 AM

Moderator/Admin

Johnnylubber

Immediately I thought of the opium den. But a better one I think would be after that when Mukul is about to offer heroin to Lin and he is about the take the plunge but is interrupted by someone he had thought to be dead. Lots of different emotions in those few moments.

--------------------
user posted image
jeppody
Posted: Jan 16 2007, 10:48 AM

Moderator/Admin

MerryK

I dont see how this book is going to possibly be condensed into a 2 hour movie..

There's so many scenes that I can think of.. but they've got to be somewhat on the short side...

To show his comedic side.. I think when Lin & Prabaker are on the train going to his little village.. all the head waggling..

I so hope something of that part gets included in the movie... for some odd reason.. I just really liked that part.

Now to think of a short dramatic scene....

--------------------
user posted image
jeppody
Posted: Jan 16 2007, 10:49 AM

Moderator/Admin

Deppmania2003

One to add maybe is the scene with the wild dogs. Got me at the end of my seat when I read that.

--------------------
user posted image
jeppody
Posted: Jan 16 2007, 10:50 AM

Moderator/Admin

Deppraved

I am especially enamored of the scene in Prabaker's village where Lin is about to bathe/shower, and Prabaker tells him "nobody is ever naked in India, especially not without their clothes." And the scene where they find the Spaniard, (help me, can't remember his name! something with an M) dead at Ulla's apartment, and the education of Khaderbai's nephew, (also can't remember his name) but for the most horrific and gut-wrenching, is the months-long descent into heroin addiction and how close he came yet again to death before Karla came to collect him on Khader's orders. Or his subsequent 2 weeks at the beach house recovering. It's tough to remember names when you haven't the book in front of you and you read it months ago! Wish I had taken notes, but it was all I could do to get it read in 6 weeks during the holidays!

--------------------
user posted image
jeppody
Posted: Jan 16 2007, 10:51 AM

Moderator/Admin

Veronica

The time he spent with the boy will be good. He is so good with kids. I cant think of the boys name right now.

--------------------
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive

NOTICE: This site is maintained and updated by its owner, site moderators and fans of actor Johnny Depp, and is in no way affiliated with Mr. Depp, his family, agents or company. Copyrights and trademarks for the films, articles, music, books, photos and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design, my original artwork or photography as well as JDR interviews and book club discussions however are copyright © 2004-2014 JohnnyDeppReads.com. Contact: admin@johnnydeppreads.com

Please note that JohnnyDeppReads.com is not associated with any other sites, blogs, twitterpages, etc other than the ones posted at the top of this page (JDR blogs, etc.). Please report any abuse to admin@johnnydeppreads.com