InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to JohnnyDeppReads!
Johnny and Amber just held their engagement party in LA over the weekend. Johnny's got a break in his schedule, so you never know where he'll be or what'll happen next! Check back often, you never know what's going on!
Register now on JDR! Registered members can see all new posts quickly and all areas of our community are open for all to see, you can also comment or share Depp news here on JDR!!

Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Name:   Password:

JohnnyDeppReads - a place to discuss the news, books, plays, projects and materials relating to the works and interests of multi media artist Johnny Depp.

With respect to Mr. Depp we ask that no identifying images of his children be posted here.

Discussion Point 12, What Do You Thing?
jeppody
Posted: Jan 16 2007, 04:35 AM

Moderator/Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Originally Posted by Karen 26th August 2005

INAMORATA has been a really popular book here for us to read and discuss. And I think it's been fun because we can all speculate on the ending and what happened on the ride along the way.

So as we wrap this one up.....what did you think about INAMORATA in general?

--------------------
user posted image
Made for me by Johnnydepplover. Thanks Sam.
jeppody
Posted: Jan 16 2007, 04:36 AM

Moderator/Admin

BarbToo

I loved it. It's been the most enjoyable book I've read in some time.

I've recommemded it to many others and haven't had a single person say that they were anything less than delighted with it, too. Even my neighbor called me from work to get he exact information so he could recommend it to a co-worker.

......and I'll continue to sing it's praises to all who will listen.

--------------------
user posted image
jeppody
Posted: Jan 16 2007, 04:36 AM

Moderator/Admin

Ellen

It was fun and I'll be reading it again soon. I really like the fact that Mr. Gangemi left the ending open to our imagination. I also thought it was kind of interesting to not once find the word "inamorata" in the book. Mr. Gangemi made me look it up. Hmmm, is he a teacher?

--------------------
user posted image
jeppody
Posted: Jan 16 2007, 04:37 AM

Moderator/Admin

Jeppody

It's a brilliant book, I loved it!! Mr Gangemi did a great job of keeping me glued to the pages, I couldn't put it down, and read the whole thing in just two sittings. I loved the open ending, it was fun to make up our own minds over what really happened.

Thank you Mr Gangemi for a wonderful read, and I look forward to your next book.

--------------------
user posted image
jeppody
Posted: Jan 16 2007, 04:38 AM

Moderator/Admin

Karen

I really really liked it...even more so after I finished it. Sometimes it's a nice change to be able to have things to work out in your own mind and have threads tie up the way you want them to.....so I think this is a winner! I am ever so grateful to Mr. Gangemi for his generousity and honesty! He's a very nice guy to work with.

AND I think I will be giving INAMORATA to some people for Christmas.....

--------------------
user posted image
jeppody
Posted: Jan 16 2007, 04:38 AM

Moderator/Admin

Deppraved

Once I got over the initial annoyance of the lack of a definitive ending, I realised the benefit of leaving the ending to the reader's imagination. I must admit had it not been for JohnnyDeppReads recommending it, I wouldn't have been apt to choose it on my own. It was an enjoyable book. thank you.

--------------------
user posted image
jeppody
Posted: Jan 16 2007, 04:39 AM

Moderator/Admin

Captainjacksparrow

i thought that i was the only one that was annoyed about the ending (you know like back in school when we had to write stuff and the teacher drilled it in us..you need a beginning..a middle and AN ENDING)....i wanted to know exactly who the father was and wanted all the loose ends tied up....but in this case..it works out really well...leaving it open...

--------------------
user posted image
jeppody
Posted: Jan 16 2007, 04:39 AM

Moderator/Admin

Karen

I am so glad to hear that so many of us really liked this book. Makes me want to follow the making of the film! Hopefully Mr. Gangemi will keep us posted on it's progress!

Thanks to everyone for making this a really cool discussion!

--------------------
user posted image
jeppody
Posted: Jan 16 2007, 04:40 AM

Moderator/Admin

MerryK

I probably never would have picked this book up to read. That is one of the reasons I'm really thankful for this reading group. I'm getting exposed to stories that I do find enjoyeable to read. This story was interesting and I cant think of one part that lagged. I liked the fact that nothing was concrete.

--------------------
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive

NOTICE: This site is maintained and updated by its owner, site moderators and fans of actor Johnny Depp, and is in no way affiliated with Mr. Depp, his family, agents or company. Copyrights and trademarks for the films, articles, music, books, photos and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design, my original artwork or photography as well as JDR interviews and book club discussions however are copyright © 2004-2013 JohnnyDeppReads.com. Contact: admin@johnnydeppreads.com

Please note that JohnnyDeppReads.com is not associated with any other sites, blogs, twitterpages, etc other than the ones posted at the top of this page (JDR blogs, etc.). Please report any abuse to admin@johnnydeppreads.com