Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to JohnnyDeppReads!
HAPPY AUTUMN!!

We've had news that Johnny's project with JP Donleavy, THE GINGER MAN is finally moving forward. And we've also heard that "Pintel" will be returning for POTC5! I can't help but wonder who will be next? MARTY! Marty's back too! arrrrrrrrrrr

Register now on JDR! Registered members can see all new posts quickly and all areas of our community are open for all to see, you can also comment or share Depp news here on JDR!!

Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Name:   Password:

JohnnyDeppReads - a place to discuss the news, books, plays, projects and materials relating to the works and interests of multi media artist Johnny Depp.

With respect to Mr. Depp we ask that no paparazzi images of his children be posted.

LT discussion point #7 3 dead people... & Ingrid
Karen
Posted: Apr 14 2009, 07:27 AM

Administrator/Owner

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

When last we saw Ingrid, she was planning a future with Potts. The last we saw of Potts he was a man who'd participated in a situation that killed Allison and Terry and he had killed Squiers. Yes, "he had other problems."

How do you see Potts and Ingrid? Is there a still a future for them?

--------------------
user posted image

No, I don't need help with my bags...I have a bloody manservant! - Charlie Mortdecai
amp
Posted: Apr 14 2009, 12:57 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 84

Potts and Ingrid are kaput. No future. I'm pretty broken up about it. sad.gif

I'll be very surpised if Daniel writes anything contrary to that in the next book. Possibly pleased, too, depending on if I believe it or not. I'm thinking we may not see any more of Ingrid.

--------------------
user posted image
Karen
Posted: Apr 14 2009, 01:19 PM

Administrator/Owner

QUOTE (amp @ Apr 14 2009, 01:57 PM)
Potts and Ingrid are kaput. No future. I'm pretty broken up about it. sad.gif

I'll be very surpised if Daniel writes anything contrary to that in the next book. Possibly pleased, too, depending on if I believe it or not. I'm thinking we may not see any more of Ingrid.

And that really makes me sad, (if we've seen the end of her) as I thought she was a pretty interesting and varied personality. There seems like there could be lots going on with her that might make for a good storyline with Potts. IF we see him again too.

I can't help but wonder what she would think about Potts, knowing what happened on the boat.

--------------------
user posted image

No, I don't need help with my bags...I have a bloody manservant! - Charlie Mortdecai
amp
Posted: Apr 14 2009, 05:15 PM

Advanced Member

Ingrid did say that she didn't care that Potts had done time. But this is something different.......

--------------------
user posted image
Karen
Posted: Apr 14 2009, 08:45 PM

Administrator/Owner

QUOTE (amp @ Apr 14 2009, 06:15 PM)
Ingrid did say that she didn't care that Potts had done time. But this is something different.......

YEah that's what I was thinking too. And I really like her. sad.gif

--------------------
user posted image

nurseanne8
Posted: Apr 15 2009, 05:18 AM

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12

I say the relationship is over she is a decent person and would not be able to excuse Potts actions. Anne r smile.gif
Rose Sparrow
Posted: Apr 15 2009, 05:50 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 63

Don't know if I buy the whole 'plain looking teacher attracted to bad boys taking care of sick mother' image. I know it's possible (personally guilty as charged on some of those whistle.gif laugh.gif ) but for some reason, I think that there's plenty more about Ingrid that we don't know about. Just my take on it.
I liked her too and hope that we do get to see her and Potts again.

--------------------
user posted image
amp
Posted: Apr 15 2009, 06:08 AM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Rose Sparrow @ Apr 15 2009, 07:50 AM)
for some reason, I think that there's plenty more about Ingrid that we don't know about.

I can't help wondering what other skeletons are in Ingrid's closet besides having sex with too many men.

--------------------
user posted image
Karen
Posted: Apr 15 2009, 07:19 AM

Administrator/Owner

Yup,....that's it! And to be honest, while I enjoyed the overall story line, there was never any "pay off" at the end. I was so frustrated at the end of the book, I tossed it across the room. For me? The ending wasn't as "satisfying" to this reader as it could or should have been. Some things left unsaid for a sequel? Okie dokie..but so much? Inky Stinky. hehehe.gif

--------------------
user posted image

amp
Posted: Apr 15 2009, 07:32 AM

Advanced Member

a lot of good books leave me feeling unstatisfied.
I think that's Disney's secret--the feel-good endings.

--------------------
user posted image
Karen
Posted: Apr 15 2009, 07:57 AM

Administrator/Owner

LOL Gotta love those Disney endings, but I don'/t have to have a happy ending. . LOL I just wanted some kind of "finish" to the story. And again, as a constant reader, I have to wonder was it a weak editor or maybe a rush to get the book published? banghead.gif

--------------------
user posted image

herestoyou
Posted: Apr 16 2009, 07:43 PM

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 21

I didn't care for the Potts/Ingrid bit at all, especially since she really didn't serve any purpose in the overall plot(I still would have liked for her to be a hit woman going after Potts......) THis is why I wasn't thrilled with the ending either----I love unexpected endings and don't even mind a little uncertainty, but I thought this plot part a big waste of time.

Having said that,---I think we only saw the surface of Ingrid, so if that was DD's plan to bring her back in the sequel with a more significant part, then I'll be looking forward to seeing what happens.

I just think there were too many characters that we were given info. about that really weren't necessary..............

-Donna

This post has been edited by herestoyou on Apr 16 2009, 08:15 PM

--------------------
"It is not the destination so much as the journey" ~Capt. Jack Sparrow
Karen
Posted: Apr 16 2009, 07:48 PM

Administrator/Owner

QUOTE (herestoyou @ Apr 16 2009, 08:43 PM)

I just think there were too many characters that we were given info. about that really wasn't necessary..............

-Donna

ding ding ding.....

hello story editor?

--------------------
user posted image

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive

NOTICE: This site is maintained and updated by its owner, site moderators and fans of actor Johnny Depp, and is in no way affiliated with Mr. Depp, his family, agents or company. Copyrights and trademarks for the films, articles, music, books, photos and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design, my original artwork or photography as well as JDR interviews and book club discussions however are copyright © 2004-2014 JohnnyDeppReads.com. Contact: admin@johnnydeppreads.com

Please note that JohnnyDeppReads.com is not associated with any other sites, blogs, twitterpages, etc other than the ones posted at the top of this page (JDR blogs, etc.). Please report any abuse to admin@johnnydeppreads.com