zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to JohnnyDeppReads!
HAPPY AUTUMN!!

We've had news that Johnny's project with JP Donleavy, THE GINGER MAN is finally moving forward. And we've also heard that "Pintel" will be returning for POTC5! I can't help but wonder who will be next? MARTY! Marty's back too! arrrrrrrrrrr

Register now on JDR! Registered members can see all new posts quickly and all areas of our community are open for all to see, you can also comment or share Depp news here on JDR!!

Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Name:   Password:

JohnnyDeppReads - a place to discuss the news, books, plays, projects and materials relating to the works and interests of multi media artist Johnny Depp.

With respect to Mr. Depp we ask that no paparazzi images of his children be posted.

A Johnny Music Discography
Karen
Posted: Jan 15 2007, 08:37 PM

Administrator/Owner

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

This was compiled and shared with JDR members by Cathy, aka MadScntst on 2/19/06 at 04:34 PM and in keeping with Cathy's ideas of sharing info, please feel free to share this info with other Johnny and music fans everywhere.

Hi folks... as a music collector even before I became a die-hard Johnny Depp fan, it has been natural for me to start picking up recordings that feature Johnny This list pertains only to Johnny's contributions to audio recordings. I hope to post a Videography and list of live performances separately soon Many of the recordings cited below are still available new or used- check your local record shop, Amazon (including their used store) and eBay, as well as iTunes, for many of these!

This is a work in progress, and certainly not meant to be the last word on Johnny�s musical pursuits!! Any additions- info about additional recordings Johnny has participated in, record reviews or articles, scans, etc., would be most appreciated!!

Click on all images to enlarge!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Johnny Depp Audio Discography

Musician

1) Shane MacGowan & the Popes, The Snake, released Oct. 17, 1994 in UK. A revised version was released in the UK in June of 1995 and in the US on June 27, 1995 with additional tracks and in a different song order. Single: That Woman's Got Me Drinking, released in UK Oct. 3, 1994.
"Special Teen Idol Johnny Depp guitar weird noises"

(Johnny's participation is not specified for any specific song(s) on the album, but some Pogues sites confirm that he plays on the studio version of That Woman's Got Me Drinking. It's quite possible that he performs on other tracks, as well).

Original UK release
user posted image

US Version
user posted image

More information on Shane MacGowan's discography:
http://www.shanemacgowan.com/popes.shtml

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) Oasis, Fade Away recorded Sept. 3, 1995, released on Help: A Charity Project for the Children Of Bosnia (Warchild Charities) on Oct. 17, 1995 "Oasis and Friends inc. Johnny Depp"

user posted image

Fade Away also released on the Japanese CD single, Dont Go Away, in Feb. 1998 "Guitar by Johnny Depp"

user posted image

3) Oasis, Fade In-Out, possibly recorded in June 1996 in Mustique in the Caribbean, released on the album Be Here Now, on Aug. 21, 1997
"Johnny Depp - Slide Guitar on Fade In-Out"

user posted image

More information from oasisnet.com:
http://www.oasisinet.com/discography/beherenow/index.html
http://www.oasisinet.com/discography/japan...away/index.html

4) P, P, released Nov. 21, 1995 on Capitol Records
"Johnny Depp- Guitar & Bass"

user posted image

5) Iggy Pop, Hollywood Affair, released on Japanese CD version of Avenue B, Dec. 7, 1999.

"Johnny Depp: Guitar"

user posted image

Also released on the CD single, Corruption, Nov. 9, 1999.

user posted image

Also released on Hollywood Goes Wild! CD to benefit the Wildlife Waystation, March 27, 2001.

user posted imageuser posted image

6) Vanessa Paradis, Firmaman, released on the album Bliss on Oct. 17, 2000.

"guitare lead: Johnny"

user posted image

7) Chocolat: Minor Swing and Caravan. Johnny filmed in June-July of 2000, soundtrack released on Jan. 9, 2001; Minor Swing also released on The World Cinema Album, March 8, 2005.

No individual credit given to Johnny on the soundtrack. The movie�s credits list Johnny and Malcolm Ross for the guitar work on Minor Swing, They're Red Hot (not included on the soundtrack) and Caravan.

"Guitars: Johnny Depp/Malcolm Ross"

user posted image

8) Once Upon A Time In Mexico: Sands Theme. Recorded sometime between 2001 and 2003; soundtrack released Sept. 9, 2003.

"Performed by Tonto's Giant Nuts"

user posted image

Spoken performance

1) Arizona Dream Soundtrack, American Dreamers - Old Home Movie. Originally released 1993. "Performed by Johnny Depp."

user posted image
user posted image

2) Dead Man Soundtrack, Neil Young. Released Feb. 27, 1996. "Poetry Reading by Johnny Depp."

user posted image

3) Kerouac: Madroad Driving (from Visions of Cody)� Johnny Depp & Come. From the CD, Kerouac - Kicks Joy Darkness, released April 8, 1997. "Voice: Johnny Depp." (It was also engineered and mixed by former Kids-mate Bruce Witkin!)

user posted image

4) Other soundtracks? Please add any you know of!!

Songwriter

1) Mary, by Rock City Angels, from the album, Young Man�s Blues. Music

US Copyright Records:
Registration Number: PAu-1-019-986
Title: Mary.
Description: on 1 sound cassette + lyrics.
Note: (With Hot flashes et al.)
Claimant: acDurebel Music, Inc.
Created: 1986
Author on � Application: Durebel Music, Inc., employer for hire of Michael William Barnett p.k.a. Mike Angel (music), John Depp (music), Donald Louis Griffith p.k.a. Bobby Durango (words & music)
Special Codes: 3/M

user posted image

2) P
"Written by P" (9 of 11 songs, with exceptions I Save Cigarette Butts and Dancing Queen, as noted in the liner notes). Individual composers of music and lyrics not specified.

US Copyright Records:
Registration Number: PA-847-289
Title: Zing splash ; Michael Stipe ; Oklahoma ... [et al.]
Note: 9 selections. Performed by aP.
In: P. mCapitol Compact Disc CDP 7243 8 32942 2 0, c1995. Compact disc
Claimant: Blame Music, Johnny Depp, Gibby Haynes & Sal Jenco
Created: 1995
Published: 1Aug95
Author on � Application: words & music: Bill Carter, acJohnny Depp, acGibby Haynes & acSal Jenco.
Special Codes: 3/M/L

user posted image

(The 9 tracks are: Zing Splash, Michael Stipe, Oklahoma, Jon Glenn (Mega Mix), Mr. Officer, White Man Sings The Blues, Die Anne, Scrapings From Ring, The Deal).

Bonus track Mumble "Written by P/L. Wray" (Link Wray)

user posted image

3) Hollywood Affair, by Iggy Pop featuring Johnny Depp, from the album, Avenue B. Music. (No US Copyright found).

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

4) St. Germain, by Vanessa Paradis, from the album, Bliss. Music.
Bliss, by Vanessa Paradis, from the album, Bliss. Music.
(No US Copyright found).

user posted image

5) Sands Theme, from the soundtrack to Once Upon A Time In Mexico, with Bill Carter, Bruce Witkin, and Ruth Ellsworth. (No US Copyright found). Music

user posted image
user posted image

Producer

1) Chuck E. Weiss, Extremely Cool, released Feb. 2, 1999 and March 25, 1999 with Bonus Tracks; Johnny is executive producer for Devil With Blue Suede Shoes

user posted image

2) Hollywood Affair, by Iggy Pop featuring Johnny Depp, from the album, Avenue B. I believe that "Scaramanga Bros." are Johnny and Danny Depp smile.gif

user posted image
user posted image

3) Once Upon A Time In Mexico, Sands Theme (with Bill Carter, Bruce Witkin, Ruth Ellsworth)

user posted image

4) Rogue's Gallery: Pirate Ballads, Sea Songs & Chanteys CD. Release date August 22, 2006. Johnny is an executive producer.

Artwork:

Vanessa Paradis, Bliss (cover photography)

"Photo de couverture par Johnny"

user posted image
user posted image

--------------------
user posted image

No, I don't need help with my bags...I have a bloody manservant! - Charlie Mortdecai
Karen
Posted: Jan 15 2007, 08:38 PM

Administrator/Owner

Cathy added this on 2/19/06 at 08:21 PM

Thanks folks In addition to learning some things from several Johnny forums over the last couple of years, and doing a lot of eBay and Amazon searches I got some of my initial information from this site:

http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/music/arti...73,00.html#more

But as you can see, there are a lot of question marks and inaccuracies there. So I delved deeper, and in many cases, ended up buying the discs whenever I found a good deal... how could I not go after Johnny music? Still, I'm sure there are a lot of gaps, especially with regard to the soundtracks, which are not my forte. So please make any additions if you know of any!!

Cathy

--------------------
user posted image

No, I don't need help with my bags...I have a bloody manservant! - Charlie Mortdecai
Karen
Posted: Jan 15 2007, 09:17 PM

Administrator/Owner

Posted by Jukes333 on 4/06/06 at 08:49 AM

Just reading through the threads and I thought I would add a lil' bit of Hollywood history to this one.

Back in the mid eighties the Viper Room was another club called The Central . This place was a hangout for musicians trying to get a break, find a band, etc ... The main attraction for most was a Tuesday night jam session which became a melting pot for aspiring musicians. I used to frequent the place on that night has I had just arrived in town and was looking to join or form a band.

Chuck E Weiss was the place's stongest draw has he played there every weekend (1985-1986) and usually had some minor celeb (alotta actors who also played music) sitting in with his band. The owner back then was a guy named Fox, who Johnny became partners with after Depp started to get a little fame coming in.

One cool thing about Johnny I would like to add is that he hired alot of our old friends from the Hollywood scene, who needed some monetary break, to help run the place. Issac, Sal Jenco, etc ...

I thought it was cool of him to give everyone a break with a cool job in what was quickly becoming the place to be scene in LA

Jukes

--------------------
user posted image

Karen
Posted: Jan 15 2007, 09:18 PM

Administrator/Owner

Posted by Karen on 4/06/06 at 12:44 PM

That was a really cool thing for him to do! Based on what we hear about Johnny, he's just that kinda guy, and it's nice to have people like you confirm that... and that looks after his friends. You're great to be sharing all of this with us!

Thanks again for giving us some insight into y'all's music world.

~K

--------------------
user posted image

Karen
Posted: Jan 15 2007, 09:18 PM

Administrator/Owner

Posted by Cathy on 4/07/06 at 07:09 PM

Thanks once again for your history and added thoughts, Ringo! As Karen said, we hear a lot of stories about Johnny looking after his friends, but it is wonderful to hear of real examples. Being an East Coaster, I never knew what it was like to be there, and know of it mainly as the place that Johnny Cash debuted the American Recordings songs. But I enjoy learning about it!

Cathy

--------------------
user posted image

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive

NOTICE: This site is maintained and updated by its owner, site moderators and fans of actor Johnny Depp, and is in no way affiliated with Mr. Depp, his family, agents or company. Copyrights and trademarks for the films, articles, music, books, photos and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design, my original artwork or photography as well as JDR interviews and book club discussions however are copyright 2004-2014 JohnnyDeppReads.com. Contact: admin@johnnydeppreads.com

Please note that JohnnyDeppReads.com is not associated with any other sites, blogs, twitterpages, etc other than the ones posted at the top of this page (JDR blogs, etc.). Please report any abuse to admin@johnnydeppreads.com