Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to JohnnyDeppReads!
We're just a couple of weeks away from the opening of DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES! And we're keeping a sharp eye on this week's world premiere at Disney Shanghai.
Johnny's written the foreword for the 60th Anniversary edition of JP Donleavy's THE GINGER MAN. Johnny is a producer on the up coming film version.
Register now on JDR! Registered members can see all new posts quickly and all areas of our community are open for all to see, you can also comment or share Depp news here on JDR!!

Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Name:   Password:

JohnnyDeppReads - a place to discuss the news, books, plays, projects and materials relating to the artistic works and interests of multi media artist Johnny Depp.

With respect to Mr. Depp we ask that no paparazzi images of his children be posted.

Pages: (10) « First ... 8 9 [10]  ( Go to first unread post )

DEPP as MAD HATTER, TONTO in LONE RANGER & POTC 4, ** Pic added page 4
Karen
Posted: Sep 30 2008, 06:44 AM

Administrator/Owner

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Fans of Johnny's have been "spoiled" the last 5 years. woohoocheer.gif Especially people who came aboard with POTC 1. Between P 1 in July of 03 and ST, Johnny released 11 films. Prior to that the films came sporadically. Maybe 2 or 3 in a row, then nothing for a while. We had From Hell in Oct 01 and then nothing at all until P1 in July of 03. So....you see we are spoiled, especially those who are relatively new to Johnny's world. wink.gif As you can see the guy's been busy. And he will continue to be busy because apparently? That's the way he likes it. lol He'll voice Alice, then do Rango and then promote PE in June. Premieres in July. Then? Who knows? But I'm still along for the ride.

--------------------
Captain Jack is back! Savvy?
Christine M
Posted: Sep 30 2008, 06:53 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,288

QUOTE (Karen @ Sep 30 2008, 08:44 AM)
Fans of Johnny's have been "spoiled" the last 5 years. woohoocheer.gif Especially people who came aboard with POTC 1. Between P 1 in July of 03 and ST, Johnny released 11 films. Prior to that the films came sporadically. Maybe 2 or 3 in a row, then nothing for a while. We had From Hell in Oct 01 and then nothing at all until P1 in July of 03. So....you see we are spoiled, especially those who are relatively new to Johnny's world. wink.gif As you can see the guy's been busy. And he will continue to be busy because apparently? That's the way he likes it. lol He'll voice Alice, then do Rango and then promote PE in June. Premieres in July. Then? Who knows? But I'm still along for the ride.

Karen, you summed it up so well. Thank you.

--------------------
If there's any message to my work, it is ultimately that it's OK to be different, that it's good to be different, that we should question ourselves before we pass judgment on someone who looks different, behaves different, talks different, is a different color. JD

Karen
Posted: Sep 30 2008, 07:07 AM

Administrator/Owner

I think we all just LOVE being spoiled!! laugh.gif

--------------------
sparralet
Posted: Sep 30 2008, 10:09 AM

Group: Newbie
Member No.: 7,518

You've got a point there, Karen. smile.gif And we're not being spoiled just in quantity alone, but also in quality - everything Johnny does is superb and masterfully played! Hats off to him. thumbsup.gif bowdown.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Christine M
Posted: Sep 30 2008, 10:15 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,288

QUOTE (Karen @ Sep 30 2008, 09:07 AM)
I think we all just LOVE being spoiled!! laugh.gif

Absolutely!! snoopydance1.gif

--------------------
If there's any message to my work, it is ultimately that it's OK to be different, that it's good to be different, that we should question ourselves before we pass judgment on someone who looks different, behaves different, talks different, is a different color. JD

CaptainJ'sGirl
Posted: Sep 30 2008, 10:28 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,099

laugh.gif I am very spoiled!! I have loved to watch his movies since I was 6 or 7 and have ever since. I'm not that old and still I have been spolied with all his movies! I own almost all that I have seen and I only haven't seen 2. It's harder to get my hands on Arizona Dream (but I absolutely LOVE IT!!!) woohoocheer.gif Pirates was when I actually remembered who he was. I made no connection with Nick of Time and Edward Scissorhands and yet once I saw Pirates I was like "Oh he was in all those movies..." rolleyes.gif Yeah I can be a bit slow...

Karen, you're right, I think within the last few years we have been spolied... thud1.gif
But that doesn't change my anticipation for PE!!!

~ captainjack.gif

--------------------
user posted image
GypsyLady
Posted: Sep 30 2008, 08:39 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,447

I would agree with all of your opinions about Captn Jack. He did change over the three movies. I think Johnny was playing the him as he was written. Watching the three movies let us examine a character as it was unfolded in a serious. Johnny has never done that before and prehaps he wasn't complelty sure how to go about the characters growth. As well, The last 2 potc where more about Will and Elizabeth and finishing their story.

I would hope that the next potc would be more about Jack's story. His past. They sure did lay alot of possible story lines in the movies and I hope they continue on those routes.

As, to the comments about looking forward to everything surrounding the release of a new movie. The interview, talk show appearances, etc. That is really a very exciting time and I am sure everyone is looking forward to those events.

Also, I can't wait to see how Johnny would play Tonto. I am sure he will have some very different ideas on how to develop the character. He will be a Tonto like no other has everybeen before. And that you can take to the bank!!!!! bowdown.gif

--------------------
Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. Winston Churchill
MaggieP
Posted: Oct 29 2008, 09:16 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,694

In the spirit of capt jack, I wanted to show off my pumpkin from last year! Keep in mind my camera is a little blurry without the flash, and this is going to be big probably so step back to look at it!!

user posted image

user posted image

Admin resized to fit forum size

This post has been edited by Karen on Oct 29 2008, 09:38 PM

--------------------
Karen
Posted: Oct 29 2008, 09:41 PM

Administrator/Owner

Thanks for wanting to share the Captain with us!!

--------------------
MaggieP
Posted: Oct 30 2008, 10:34 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,694

Thanks for making it smaller! captainjack.gif

--------------------
Karen
Posted: Oct 30 2008, 10:55 AM

Administrator/Owner

QUOTE (MaggieP @ Oct 30 2008, 11:34 AM)
Thanks for making it smaller! captainjack.gif

You're welcome! biggrin.gif

--------------------
ammielou
Posted: Nov 4 2008, 11:02 AM

Group: Newbie
Member No.: 664

I'm so happy about JD's choices!! DD has been asking for weeks about the Mad Hatter? I haven't heard anything about TLR, that would be so cool, but I'm still not understanding it, will JD play Tonto or TLR?
As for his choices, the more DEPP the better.
Question: Has PE been released? No word on that in my neck of the woods!!

--------------------
“Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.”
Sir Winston Churchill
})i({ *´¨)
¸.• ´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•' Amy T * })i({

Karen
Posted: Nov 4 2008, 12:00 PM

Administrator/Owner

QUOTE (ammielou @ Nov 4 2008, 11:02 AM)
I'm so happy about JD's choices!! DD has been asking for weeks about the Mad Hatter?  I haven't heard anything about  TLR, that would be so cool, but I'm still not understanding it, will JD play Tonto or TLR? 
As for his  choices, the more DEPP the better. 
Question: Has PE been released?  No word on that in my neck of the woods!!

Depp will be playing Tonto in the Lone Ranger, it's in this thread's subject line: TONTO in LONE RANGER wink.gif

As far as PE is concerned, JDR broke the news that PE would be released on July 1, 2009.

There's a lot of information right here on JDR about all of these things bounceypirate.gif .

--------------------
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Pages: (10) « First ... 8 9 [10] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive

NOTICE: This site is maintained and updated by its owner, site moderators and fans of actor Johnny Depp, and is in no way affiliated with Mr. Depp, his family, agents or company. Copyrights and trademarks for the films, articles, music, books, photos and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design, my original artwork or photography as well as JDR interviews and book club discussions however are copyright � 2004-2015 JohnnyDeppReads.com. Contact: johnnydeppreads@aol.com

Please note that JohnnyDeppReads.com is not associated with any other sites, blogs, twitterpages, etc other than the ones posted at the top of this page (JDR blogs, etc.). Please report any abuse to johnnydeppreads@aol.com