Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to JohnnyDeppReads!

We've seen the first teaser trailer for MORTDECAI! How fun!!

THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS has begun filming in the UK, not sure if Johnny's on location yet...

Register now on JDR! Registered members can see all new posts quickly and all areas of our community are open for all to see, you can also comment or share Depp news here on JDR!!

Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Name:   Password:

JohnnyDeppReads - a place to discuss the news, books, plays, projects and materials relating to the works and interests of multi media artist Johnny Depp.

With respect to Mr. Depp we ask that no paparazzi images of his children be posted.

6th point The Woman in red - well, orange really
Karen
Posted: Jun 7 2008, 07:33 AM

Administrator/Owner

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Ok it's Saturday and here we all are again drinking our tea and coffee... maybe wine a bit later today...

What do think of Anna Sage and what she did?

--------------------
user posted image

No, I don't need help with my bags...I have a bloody manservant! - Charlie Mortdecai
nurseanne8
Posted: Jun 7 2008, 09:47 AM

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12

I think that from Anna's point of view the deal to assist in the assassination of Dillinger was a smart choice for the reward money and to avoid deportation-not honorable but Dillinger was not honorable either. According to the book she only got around $5000.00 and was supposed to share that with Polly who disappeared and went home. Anna made the mistake of leaving the "protection" of the justice department and returned to Chicago thereby angering Hoover who saw no need to stop her deportation proceedings-the Labor Dept. had her deported 1936-the photo of Anna at the back of the book kissing Zarkovich as she is deported to Romania illustrates "no honor among thieves" Anna the "Woman in Red" and Zarkovich the "police shiek" (p. 335). One could also argue that Anna's survival skills and lack of opportunities for women in the 1930's also influenced her actions to betray Dillinger. smile.gif Anne r
Karen
Posted: Jun 7 2008, 10:49 PM

Administrator/Owner

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Well put Anne r! I think she was desperate and took a chance when she could. It's a shame that she ended up being deported though. Rewards for wanted criminals are offered all of the time, and he was a BIG criminal. To a lot of people, she did the world a favor. Then why does it seem so sneaky?

--------------------
user posted image

No, I don't need help with my bags...I have a bloody manservant! - Charlie Mortdecai
Rose Sparrow
Posted: Jun 8 2008, 06:38 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 63

I agree totally with your comments nurseanne. She did what she had to do to save her own skin and really thought they would uphold their end of the bargain given the fact that he was public enemy #1.
I hadn't thought about it being sneaky before but I guess it might seem that way because he was betrayed by 'one of his own' in such a cold and calculated way.

What was always interesting to me too was the fact that Anna could have made the call that night and told them that JD was in the apartment with her and they could have 'stormed' the building or whatever. Not as dramatic maybe but still effective and maybe safer to avoid any innocent people being killed, again.

--------------------
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register Now

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive

NOTICE: This site is maintained and updated by its owner, site moderators and fans of actor Johnny Depp, and is in no way affiliated with Mr. Depp, his family, agents or company. Copyrights and trademarks for the films, articles, music, books, photos and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design, my original artwork or photography as well as JDR interviews and book club discussions however are copyright © 2004-2013 JohnnyDeppReads.com. Contact: admin@johnnydeppreads.com

Please note that JohnnyDeppReads.com is not associated with any other sites, blogs, twitterpages, etc other than the ones posted at the top of this page (JDR blogs, etc.). Please report any abuse to admin@johnnydeppreads.com