InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to JohnnyDeppReads!
We've seen the first teaser trailer for MORTDECAI! How fun!!
THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS is still filming in the UK and it looks like Johnny's there filming!
TUSK has opened here in the US.

Register now on JDR! Registered members can see all new posts quickly and all areas of our community are open for all to see, you can also comment or share Depp news here on JDR!!

Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Name:   Password:

JohnnyDeppReads - a place to discuss the news, books, plays, projects and materials relating to the works and interests of multi media artist Johnny Depp.

With respect to Mr. Depp we ask that no paparazzi images of his children be posted.

Discussion Point 7, It's about Johnny
jeppody
Posted: Jan 14 2007, 11:47 AM

Moderator/Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Originally Posted by Karen 31st October 2004

I am posting a double header here today since I started a day late.

What do you think Johnny brought to Ichabod? What special talents and gifts did he use to bring Ichabod to life?

--------------------
user posted image
Made for me by Johnnydepplover. Thanks Sam.
jeppody
Posted: Jan 14 2007, 11:48 AM

Moderator/Admin

Deppmania2003

Well first and foremost his own self of course lol woundn't be working if someone els played the part. But I think he brought in the whole character of Ichabod and totally on his account also. If you can build up a character out of an idea that it had to be a pubescent girl and a little Angela Lansbury adding than it could easily have gone wrong and not worth looking at, but with Johnny you'll know it will, that is his strength, making it worth seeing although the description of it is not that appealing.

Interesting to know if it worked the same way if he had actually some prosthetics on. I think it would have because it is all in his facial expression and his way of moving around.

--------------------
user posted image
jeppody
Posted: Jan 14 2007, 11:48 AM

Moderator/Admin

Cindy

I think one of the things that brought Ichabod to life was Johnny's unique ability to create a character that is totally different, something we've never seen before. I think that is one of his greatest talents. He is not afraid to try something different, and as was mentioned in the special features, he's not afraid to make an ass of himself. It's what sets him apart from everyone else, and one of the reasons we all love him so much. He is also gifted with a wonderful sense of humor which really showed through in Ichabod.

--------------------
user posted image
jeppody
Posted: Jan 14 2007, 11:49 AM

Moderator/Admin

JP

Johnny seems to be able to get into the skin of the character he is portraying. If this is method acting (which sometimes seems to frowned on, at least in remarks made by others), then I say more actors should use that technique. He also embues his characters with a quality that makes you like them and care about them. By the end of the movie, they have become good friends.

Ichabod, for all his squeamishiness and girlish attitudes, enlisted our sympathy for what he had to go through. I saw myself in him, trying to get through a distasteful moment with as much grace as possible....trying to make, forgive me, lemonade out of lemons.

Sympathy for the character............Johnny brings that to all his roles, and I think that he chooses those roles purposefully in order to do that. He makes us look at people with fresh eyes.

--------------------
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive

NOTICE: This site is maintained and updated by its owner, site moderators and fans of actor Johnny Depp, and is in no way affiliated with Mr. Depp, his family, agents or company. Copyrights and trademarks for the films, articles, music, books, photos and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design, my original artwork or photography as well as JDR interviews and book club discussions however are copyright © 2004-2013 JohnnyDeppReads.com. Contact: admin@johnnydeppreads.com

Please note that JohnnyDeppReads.com is not associated with any other sites, blogs, twitterpages, etc other than the ones posted at the top of this page (JDR blogs, etc.). Please report any abuse to admin@johnnydeppreads.com