Create a free forum in seconds.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to JohnnyDeppReads!
Johnny and Amber just held their engagement party in LA over the weekend. Johnny's got a break in his schedule, so you never know where he'll be or what'll happen next! Check back often, you never know what's going on!
Register now on JDR! Registered members can see all new posts quickly and all areas of our community are open for all to see, you can also comment or share Depp news here on JDR!!

Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Name:   Password:

JohnnyDeppReads - a place to discuss the news, books, plays, projects and materials relating to the works and interests of multi media artist Johnny Depp.

With respect to Mr. Depp we ask that no identifying images of his children be posted here.

PE #12 Plastic surgery
Karen
Posted: Mar 13 2008, 08:52 PM

Administrator/Owner

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Dillinger and some of the others underwent pretty grueling plastic surgery to try to alter their appearances. They even tried to "erase" their finger prints. OUCH!

What thoughts do you have about their level of desperation, fear?

--------------------
Angelica to Jack - "How is it we can never meet without you pointing something at me?"
herestoyou
Posted: Mar 13 2008, 09:47 PM

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 21

I just found that so strange for some reason. Dillinger expecially seemed to enjoy the press, but maybe as the FBI was becoming more agressive, they thought that "hiding" their appearance would allow them a little break from being in hiding all the time. I guess I would call it desperation----the "try anything" attitude to prevent the inevitable....

-Donna

--------------------
"It is not the destination so much as the journey" ~Capt. Jack Sparrow
carpediem
Posted: Mar 14 2008, 12:36 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 182

It reminds me of the criminals in Once Upon A Time In Mexico.

--------------------
A step too far...
nurseanne8
Posted: Mar 14 2008, 04:47 AM

Member No.: 12

It does remind me of OUATIM and I agree Donna that Dillinger knew his days were numbered and Burroughs relates that he realized the nomadic life was no longer safe (p.363) so the surgical procedures seemed like a way to buy more time. Dillinger seemed to believe that the procedure worked because he was not careful the last few days of his life. The description of the surgical procedure is on pages 365-367 and was quite an unpleasant and dangerous experience. Anne r
Karen
Posted: Mar 14 2008, 06:54 AM

Administrator/Owner

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I was surprised that there were no reports of nasty infections.

--------------------
Angelica to Jack - "How is it we can never meet without you pointing something at me?"
Ellen
Posted: Mar 30 2008, 01:26 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8

It made me wonder if Johnny ever thought of doing that, just so he could live a normal life....go out and about and not be bombarded by fans and paparazzi.

--------------------
user posted image

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. George R.R. Martin

The writer must write what he has to say, not speak it. Ernest Hemingway
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive

NOTICE: This site is maintained and updated by its owner, site moderators and fans of actor Johnny Depp, and is in no way affiliated with Mr. Depp, his family, agents or company. Copyrights and trademarks for the films, articles, music, books, photos and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design, my original artwork or photography as well as JDR interviews and book club discussions however are copyright © 2004-2013 JohnnyDeppReads.com. Contact: admin@johnnydeppreads.com

Please note that JohnnyDeppReads.com is not associated with any other sites, blogs, twitterpages, etc other than the ones posted at the top of this page (JDR blogs, etc.). Please report any abuse to admin@johnnydeppreads.com