InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to JohnnyDeppReads!
BLACK MASS is filming now in the Boston area. We're getting lots of location photos so be sure to check in often! Who knows what we'll see today!

Register now on JDR! Registered members can see all new posts quickly and all areas of our community are open for all to see, you can also comment or share Depp news here on JDR!!

Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Name:   Password:

JohnnyDeppReads - a place to discuss the news, books, plays, projects and materials relating to the works and interests of multi media artist Johnny Depp.

With respect to Mr. Depp we ask that no identifying images of his children be posted here.

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

Discussion Point 11, Any Missed Points you want to discuss?
jeppody
Posted: Jan 12 2007, 11:08 AM

Moderator/Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Karen

Maybe as ST departs the ship and begins his wanderings in London and is approached by the begger woman-a bit of a flashback to explain why ST was sent to prison and show how the ill fated relationship between Todd's wife and the judge that led her to attempt suicide-a little bit of irony that his beloved wife is before his very eyes. I would like to see a bit of flashback-about the relationship between Johanna and the judge as he is going to Todd's shop for his make over.

Seems as if there are a couple of places for flashbacks....and we would need at least 2, don't y'all think?

--------------------
user posted image
Made for me by Johnnydepplover. Thanks Sam.
jeppody
Posted: Jan 12 2007, 11:09 AM

Moderator/Admin

Nurseanne8

Yes or have Tobias at the start-before the tale of ST number do bit of explaining regarding the judge/prison/wife to help set up the first song or have the begger woman walking along the street- before she approaches Todd-muttering to herself relating a tale of the problems with the judge/prison/loss of her Johanna-and it appears she is crazy but of course she is not. just some ideas.

--------------------
user posted image
jeppody
Posted: Jan 12 2007, 11:09 AM

Moderator/Admin

Karen

These are all great ideas everyone!! Maybe we should do an outline of the film version. See what we all think.

--------------------
user posted image
jeppody
Posted: Jan 12 2007, 11:10 AM

Moderator/Admin

Nurseanne8

I am game but need to think about it-how should it start? Burton's films uaually start with fantastic previews of sets that will be seen in his films-so I imagine a view of London, Fleet Street, shops and a quick-very quick-view of a barber chair and razors-might be flashed on the screen-maybe a prison ship at sea-then London-what do you think?

--------------------
user posted image
jeppody
Posted: Jan 12 2007, 11:11 AM

Moderator/Admin

Karen

I am game but need to think about it-how should it start? Burton's films uaually start with fantastic previews of sets that will be seen in his films-so I imagine a view of London, Fleet Street, shops and a quick-very quick-view of a barber chair and razors-might be flashed on the screen-maybe a prison ship at sea-then London-what do you think?

I think you are on to something...maybe have the "chorus" walking the streets and after the big panorama shot...have them start the "Attend the tale of Sweeny Todd" as they continue to show the streets and people of the area...maybe the Beggar woman and the bird seller and maybe even Tobias in the distance...

--------------------
user posted image
jeppody
Posted: Jan 12 2007, 11:12 AM

Moderator/Admin

MacktheKnife

Ahh - thanks for the explanation Karen. I have not seen the musical version - but did read the script which is online. There is an ideal place for the back story, imo, and it is where Mrs L tells about what happened.

You can read the libretto/script

http://libretto.musicals.ru/text.php?textid=516&language=1

--------------------
user posted image
jeppody
Posted: Jan 12 2007, 11:13 AM

Moderator/Admin

Karen

Thanks so much for that link! I've read the libretto and the book as well. If you have a chance try and rent the DVD of Sondheim's musical. It's the one with Angela Lansbury and I think it will give you an idea of what the story looks like on stage with music added. I am a fan of all kinds of musicals, operas etc and love that Johnny will finally be able to use his acting and his love of music in the same project. I think we will get to see yet another side of this multi talented man.

--------------------
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Pages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive

NOTICE: This site is maintained and updated by its owner, site moderators and fans of actor Johnny Depp, and is in no way affiliated with Mr. Depp, his family, agents or company. Copyrights and trademarks for the films, articles, music, books, photos and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design, my original artwork or photography as well as JDR interviews and book club discussions however are copyright © 2004-2013 JohnnyDeppReads.com. Contact: admin@johnnydeppreads.com

Please note that JohnnyDeppReads.com is not associated with any other sites, blogs, twitterpages, etc other than the ones posted at the top of this page (JDR blogs, etc.). Please report any abuse to admin@johnnydeppreads.com