Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to JohnnyDeppReads!
Johnny and Amber just held their engagement party in LA over the weekend. Johnny's got a break in his schedule, so you never know where he'll be or what'll happen next! Check back often, you never know what's going on!
Register now on JDR! Registered members can see all new posts quickly and all areas of our community are open for all to see, you can also comment or share Depp news here on JDR!!

Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Name:   Password:

JohnnyDeppReads - a place to discuss the news, books, plays, projects and materials relating to the works and interests of multi media artist Johnny Depp.

With respect to Mr. Depp we ask that no identifying images of his children be posted here.

Diving Bell and the Butterfly review, *from CNN*
deppfan4ever
Posted: Nov 30 2007, 02:42 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Newbie
Member No.: 66

Came across this on CNN's website this afternoon. It's a wonderful review for a "very beautiful movie."

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20163021,00.html#

Still wish that Johnny had gotten to do this movie.

Nicci angel.gif

--------------------
Johnny Depp....God's Ultimate Masterpiece-Author unknown
Miroux
Posted: Dec 4 2007, 03:26 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 756

I work with a woman who just saw this yesterday and she was blown away! She said she wished Johnny had done it (she likes Johnny, but is not like...well, us), not only because he'd have been amazing, but because he'd have brought more attention to it and she felt it really should have more attention. She said the cast was amazing...she was really effected by it. It's on my list of things to see.

--------------------
user posted image
Amy
Posted: Dec 4 2007, 07:30 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,150

I definitely wish too, that Johnny had done the movie. For one of course because I am a fangirl and I'm happy if he takes up projects like "le scaphandre et le papillon" and also, because - as had been said before - the movie definitely would have gotten more attention...and it deserves all the attention it can get. I haven't seen it yet, but I know the book very well. I choose this book for my final exams in French class back at college about 6 years ago and therefor had to commit quite some time to this book. I didn't regret one minute of it, though. This book has changed a lot in my life, 'cause it tells the tale of someone who wouldn't give up even if he is on his lowest. And of someone who still sees beauty in his life, even though it must seem like pure misery to everyone surrounding him. Jean Dominique Bauby is a person that should be admired not only for "writing" such a masterpiece but also for showing people that nothing is impossible if you only wish to accomplish it.

I highly recommend this book to everyone who hasn't heard of it yet...and I'll definitely go and watch the movie once it opens in theatres around here.

--------------------
user posted image
Karen
Posted: Dec 4 2007, 08:14 AM

Administrator/Owner

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Nicci thanks for posting that review! I do want to see t his film!

--------------------
Angelica to Jack - "How is it we can never meet without you pointing something at me?"
Depputante
Posted: Dec 4 2007, 11:26 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 277

Thanks for the review. I'm looking forward to watching it on DVD.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive

NOTICE: This site is maintained and updated by its owner, site moderators and fans of actor Johnny Depp, and is in no way affiliated with Mr. Depp, his family, agents or company. Copyrights and trademarks for the films, articles, music, books, photos and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design, my original artwork or photography as well as JDR interviews and book club discussions however are copyright © 2004-2013 JohnnyDeppReads.com. Contact: admin@johnnydeppreads.com

Please note that JohnnyDeppReads.com is not associated with any other sites, blogs, twitterpages, etc other than the ones posted at the top of this page (JDR blogs, etc.). Please report any abuse to admin@johnnydeppreads.com