InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to JohnnyDeppReads!
Johnny and Amber just held their engagement party in LA over the weekend. Johnny's got a break in his schedule, so you never know where he'll be or what'll happen next! Check back often, you never know what's going on!
Register now on JDR! Registered members can see all new posts quickly and all areas of our community are open for all to see, you can also comment or share Depp news here on JDR!!

Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Name:   Password:

JohnnyDeppReads - a place to discuss the news, books, plays, projects and materials relating to the works and interests of multi media artist Johnny Depp.

With respect to Mr. Depp we ask that no identifying images of his children be posted here.

Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Sweeney Press Junket info, I see the info is everywhere now. LOL
Karen
Posted: Oct 10 2007, 06:44 AM

Administrator/Owner

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

LOL Glad to help....can't have ya'll lost now can we?? wink.gif

--------------------
Angelica to Jack - "How is it we can never meet without you pointing something at me?"
wwjdd
Posted: Oct 10 2007, 09:21 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,691

OK, now I'm lost Karen. I'm an absolute ignoramous when it comes to the business of movies (I was surprised to learn they're not filmed chronologically - that's how little I know!)

The U.K. press junket is in November. The U.S. press junket is in December. But the movie comes out in the U.S. before it comes out in the U.K. The U.K. gets the junket first but the U.S. gets the movie first?

Why? Not that it makes that much of a difference - the junkets are only what - 2 weeks apart? I'm just curious because I've never paid attention to the nuts and bolts of a movie opening before and I'm really fascinated by the workings of it.

--------------------
~Becca~ "I can name fingers and point names."

user posted image
Karen
Posted: Oct 10 2007, 09:33 PM

Administrator/Owner

QUOTE (wwjdd @ Oct 10 2007, 10:21 PM)
OK, now I'm lost Karen.  I'm an absolute ignoramous when it comes to the business of movies (I was surprised to learn they're not filmed chronologically - that's how little I know!)

The U.K. press junket is in November.  The U.S. press junket is in December.  But the movie comes out in the U.S. before it comes out in the U.K.  The U.K. gets the junket first but the U.S. gets the movie first?

Why?  Not that it makes that much of a difference - the junkets are only what - 2 weeks apart?  I'm just curious because I've never paid attention to the nuts and bolts of a movie opening before and I'm really fascinated by the workings of it.

All I can do is guess. The schedulers have a couple of issues.

HBC is pregnant with a due date in Dec. She resides in the UK. The father of her baby is also the director of the film. They probably want both of them involved with the promotion if possible. She won't be able to fly that late in her pregnancy,nor would she want to. wink.gif If they want her to be involved? Better to get her press work recorded ahead of time. Maybe a late Nov press junket date fits their family schedule? Often times interviews are done a head of time and held until the release date. Who knows what Tim has agreed to as far as promotion and the time factor, considering the impending delivery date.

They are also working on an opening in the US in the middle of the holiday season. All of Hollywood just about shuts down mid Dec. Everyone wants to be home for the holidays. Better to get the US press done before the holidays (all of them) are under way.

--------------------
Angelica to Jack - "How is it we can never meet without you pointing something at me?"
MovieDan82
Posted: Nov 23 2007, 11:36 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,289

check this out:
HERE
Karen
Posted: Nov 23 2007, 11:42 AM

Administrator/Owner

WOO HOO! What a great chance for him!! smile.gif Thanks MovieDan!!

--------------------
herestoyou
Posted: Nov 23 2007, 11:47 AM

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 21

woohoocheer.gif Thanks MovieDan------is this guy excited or what?-lol Wish I was in his shoes! biggrin.gif

-Donna

--------------------
"It is not the destination so much as the journey" ~Capt. Jack Sparrow
MovieDan82
Posted: Nov 23 2007, 11:57 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,289

When can we expect information to start coming out? Tonight? I'm assuming the junket has already begun.
deppfan4ever
Posted: Nov 23 2007, 12:42 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Newbie
Member No.: 66

Does this mean........NEW PHOTOS? Can't wait for things to start coming in to us. Hopefully, it will cheer me up. My one kitty is not well and I am having to take her to the vet this afternoon. I am very worried about her.

Nicci angel.gif

--------------------
Johnny Depp....God's Ultimate Masterpiece-Author unknown
sparrowgirl77
Posted: Nov 23 2007, 03:19 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 344

OMG!! I work so close to Claridge's Hotel here in London, I just walked by it. I am going over there tomorrow and see what I can see, You never know!! crossfingers.gif biggrin.gif

08.gif

--------------------
Monica

Sweeney Todd: I can guarantee the closest shave you'll ever know.
deppaholic
Posted: Nov 23 2007, 04:22 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 254

QUOTE (MovieDan82 @ Nov 23 2007, 11:36 AM)
check this out:
HERE

MovieDan, thankyou.gif for that link. If you happen to find out when the podcast is going to be would you please alert us? I'd love to hear that!

Rose
Karen
Posted: Nov 23 2007, 04:25 PM

Administrator/Owner

I wonder if info from the junket won't be seen quite yet. It doesn't open in the UK for what, 7 weeks? We have the NY premier in about 11 days...so I wonder if we will see anything next week? If not, they may be holding it until closer to the opening day.

--------------------
ivycastle
Posted: Nov 23 2007, 04:35 PM

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5

QUOTE (Karen @ Nov 23 2007, 06:25 PM)
I wonder if info from the junket won't be seen quite yet. It doesn't open in the UK for what, 7 weeks? We have the NY premier in about 11 days...so I wonder if we will see anything next week? If not, they may be holding it until closer to the opening day.

You just burst my bubble....*L* I was really hoping to see something this weekend.
Joanie

--------------------
user posted image
Karen
Posted: Nov 23 2007, 04:46 PM

Administrator/Owner

QUOTE (ivycastle @ Nov 23 2007, 04:35 PM)
QUOTE (Karen @ Nov 23 2007, 06:25 PM)

You just burst my bubble....*L* I was really hoping to see something this weekend.
Joanie

Maybe we will??? crossfingers.gif

--------------------
Parlez
Posted: Nov 23 2007, 07:33 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Newbie
Member No.: 308

QUOTE (sparrowgirl77 @ Nov 23 2007, 03:19 PM)
OMG!! I work so close to Claridge's Hotel here in London, I just walked by it. I am going over there tomorrow and see what I can see, You never know!! crossfingers.gif  biggrin.gif

08.gif

You GO sparrowgirl77!! I hope you get very, very lucky! crossfingers.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Karen
Posted: Nov 23 2007, 07:48 PM

Administrator/Owner

QUOTE (sparrowgirl77 @ Nov 23 2007, 03:19 PM)
OMG!! I work so close to Claridge's Hotel here in London, I just walked by it. I am going over there tomorrow and see what I can see, You never know!! crossfingers.gif biggrin.gif

08.gif

crossfingers.gif crossfingers.gif

Oh my!! snoopydance1.gif

--------------------
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive

NOTICE: This site is maintained and updated by its owner, site moderators and fans of actor Johnny Depp, and is in no way affiliated with Mr. Depp, his family, agents or company. Copyrights and trademarks for the films, articles, music, books, photos and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design, my original artwork or photography as well as JDR interviews and book club discussions however are copyright 2004-2013 JohnnyDeppReads.com. Contact: admin@johnnydeppreads.com

Please note that JohnnyDeppReads.com is not associated with any other sites, blogs, twitterpages, etc other than the ones posted at the top of this page (JDR blogs, etc.). Please report any abuse to admin@johnnydeppreads.com