InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to JohnnyDeppReads!
Johnny and Amber just held their engagement party in LA over the weekend. Johnny's got a break in his schedule, so you never know where he'll be or what'll happen next! Check back often, you never know what's going on!
Register now on JDR! Registered members can see all new posts quickly and all areas of our community are open for all to see, you can also comment or share Depp news here on JDR!!

Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Name:   Password:

JohnnyDeppReads - a place to discuss the news, books, plays, projects and materials relating to the works and interests of multi media artist Johnny Depp.

With respect to Mr. Depp we ask that no identifying images of his children be posted here.

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Sweeney Press Junket info, I see the info is everywhere now. LOL
Karen
Posted: Oct 9 2007, 06:59 PM

Administrator/Owner

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

To share please link back to JDR, thanks!

This just in to JDR, all dates tentative at this time:

Sweeney Todd Press Junket
Los Angeles
December 1 & 2
Cast members: To be announced

London
November 23- 25
Talent: TBA

Admin edit: JDR broke this info yesterday and I see this morning that it's now on many forums. LOL Thanks to MovieDan for linking back to JDR!

This post has been edited by Karen on Oct 10 2007, 07:46 AM

--------------------
Angelica to Jack - "How is it we can never meet without you pointing something at me?"
ivycastle
Posted: Oct 9 2007, 07:15 PM

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5

snoopydance1.gif Fingers crossed that Johnny will be part of the Junket!
Joanie

--------------------
user posted image
herestoyou
Posted: Oct 9 2007, 07:23 PM

Member No.: 21

woohoocheer.gif snoopydance1.gif woohoocheer.gif snoopydance1.gif woohoocheer.gif snoopydance1.gif

Yes, Johnny appearing would be nice---wonder if Tim will come? I would imagine he would if Helena's due later in the month. snoopydance1.gif Keeping crossfingers.gif ,too.

--------------------
"It is not the destination so much as the journey" ~Capt. Jack Sparrow
Parlez
Posted: Oct 9 2007, 08:03 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Newbie
Member No.: 308

What's a 'press junket'? Is it in any way connected to a premiere? Where are they usually held - auditoriums, movie studios, penthouse suites? I assume said junket is for the LA press (duh) but how big a deal is it? Should I pack my bags?? smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image
FANtasticJD
Posted: Oct 9 2007, 08:26 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 129

Thanks, Karen. I'm glad to hear that the day in Venice isn't all we are getting! Hopefully that will feed some major magazines while the junket will get us bits on the entertainment shows and tabloids. It sounds like good timing. Vanessa has a bit of a break in her concert schedule from the 1st through the 5th so will be able to be with the children while Johnny hopefully does his glad-handing bit. It's also great timing for the Golden Globes and SAG awards! Official screenings for GG movies go through the 5th with ballots due back by the 10th. The SAG nomination ballots are mailed out late November with them due back by 12/18. I'd guess Johnny would do some g&a's while he's there.

QUOTE (Parlez @ Oct 9 2007, 10:03 PM)
What's a 'press junket'?  Is it in any way connected to a premiere?  Where are they usually held - auditoriums, movie studios, penthouse suites?  I assume said junket is for the LA press (duh) but how big a deal is it?  Should I pack my bags?? smile.gif

Press junkets usually take place in hotels. The actors/directors and other principles of the film usually spend an exhausting 2-3 days meeting with print/ internet and tv media types for interviews. There are usually photo-ops included. It's from times like these that we get all the articles, interviews and new publicity pics for new films. The press can include foreign press as well as domestic. It's not a time for audiences or fans to gather. Don't pack - wait for the premiere! smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Karen
Posted: Oct 9 2007, 08:51 PM

Administrator/Owner

Thanks Fan for answering the question about what a press junket is.

--------------------
Angelica to Jack - "How is it we can never meet without you pointing something at me?"
Depputante
Posted: Oct 9 2007, 09:00 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 277

woohoocheer.gif Press Junket Time!!! Woo Hoo!!!
wwjdd
Posted: Oct 9 2007, 10:06 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,691

snoopydance1.gif

Oh goodie, goodie, goodie! Do they normally release additional clips, stills etc. during the junkets?

I saw some kind of documentary of Matthew McConaughey doing a press junket for Sahara. I just remember he and the other principals sat for hours in separate hotel rooms and the press just filed through in a loop. Say an E.T. reporter would interview Matthew, then they would go next door and interview another actor, then another door down to interview the director. It looked incredibly wearing and tiresome. You would see them perk up when someone asked a fresh question that hadn't been asked before because all the interviewers tended to ask the same questions over and over.

Whoever said the movie industry is glamorous? Bless them for not only making the movies we love, but then doing these events.

--------------------
~Becca~ "I can name fingers and point names."

user posted image
herestoyou
Posted: Oct 9 2007, 11:34 PM

Member No.: 21

Yes, the numerous interviews with the same questions over and over would be wearing indeed. Johnny (and others) seem to handle it well as it's part of their job I would imagine. I'm really hoping we see Johnny "live" on some of those talk shows like Letterman or Leno---I felt that was missing with the AWE promotion. However, whatever we can get from the junket will be great I'm sure.

--------------------
"It is not the destination so much as the journey" ~Capt. Jack Sparrow
jeppody
Posted: Oct 10 2007, 01:54 AM

Moderator/Admin

Member No.: 4

A Tentative woohoocheer.gif

crossfingers.gif that both Johnny and Tim can be there. biggrin.gif

Thanks for all the info Maggy. I got confused and was thinking the Press Junket was when we see the cast, director etc. sitting behind long tables getting asked questions from the press in the audience. What is that called?

Anne x

--------------------
user posted image
Made for me by Johnnydepplover. Thanks Sam.
Parlez
Posted: Oct 10 2007, 06:18 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Newbie
Member No.: 308

Bummer-Ted! A press junket doesn't sound like very much fun at all! I wonder who came up with that idea, or how it evolved to be so grueling, humorless and stale...? No wonder people start making stuff up just to break the monotony. Thanks for the info ~ I won't be packing me bags just yet!

--------------------
user posted image
Karen
Posted: Oct 10 2007, 06:23 AM

Administrator/Owner

QUOTE (Parlez @ Oct 10 2007, 07:18 AM)
Bummer-Ted! A press junket doesn't sound like very much fun at all! I wonder who came up with that idea, or how it evolved to be so grueling, humorless and stale...? No wonder people start making stuff up just to break the monotony. Thanks for the info ~ I won't be packing me bags just yet!

Press junkets are a part of their jobs. It's work for them just like what we do to earn a living isn't always fun for us either. BUT it promotes the films and that's the point. That's where so many of the pictures and clips come from that we love to see. AND the idea is to promote the film so people want to see it, when the talent is doing the promoting? People generally pay attention. wink.gif

--------------------
Karen
Posted: Oct 10 2007, 06:27 AM

Administrator/Owner

QUOTE (jeppody @ Oct 10 2007, 02:54 AM)

Thanks for all the info Maggy. I got confused and was thinking the Press Junket was when we see the cast, director etc. sitting behind long tables getting asked questions from the press in the audience. What is that called?

Anne x

Anne I think you're thinking of a press conference. wink.gif Some of them do "round tables" and then they do one for most of the main or large market affiliates. woohoocheer.gif

--------------------
Ellen
Posted: Oct 10 2007, 06:35 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8

Anne x

Anne, I seem to be as confused as you. LOL But it sure is gonna be a fun ride!

--------------------
user posted image

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. George R.R. Martin

The writer must write what he has to say, not speak it. Ernest Hemingway
jeppody
Posted: Oct 10 2007, 06:42 AM

Moderator/Admin

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Karen @ Oct 10 2007, 12:27 PM)
A Tentative  woohoocheer.gif

crossfingers.gif  that both Johnny and Tim can be there.  biggrin.gif

Anne x

Anne I think you're thinking of a press conference. wink.gif Some of them do "round tables" and then they do one for most of the main or large market affiliates. woohoocheer.gif

Ahhh...that'll be it then. I knew it was a Press somethingorother. laugh.gif

I'm glad I'm not the only one Ellen. Stick with me girl, we can get doubly lost. rolleyes.gif

Thanks for the explaination Karen.

Anne x

--------------------
user posted image
Made for me by Johnnydepplover. Thanks Sam.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive

NOTICE: This site is maintained and updated by its owner, site moderators and fans of actor Johnny Depp, and is in no way affiliated with Mr. Depp, his family, agents or company. Copyrights and trademarks for the films, articles, music, books, photos and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design, my original artwork or photography as well as JDR interviews and book club discussions however are copyright © 2004-2013 JohnnyDeppReads.com. Contact: admin@johnnydeppreads.com

Please note that JohnnyDeppReads.com is not associated with any other sites, blogs, twitterpages, etc other than the ones posted at the top of this page (JDR blogs, etc.). Please report any abuse to admin@johnnydeppreads.com