InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to JohnnyDeppReads!
BLACK MASS is filming now in the Boston area. We're getting lots of location photos so be sure to check in often! Who knows what we'll see today!

Register now on JDR! Registered members can see all new posts quickly and all areas of our community are open for all to see, you can also comment or share Depp news here on JDR!!

Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Name:   Password:

JohnnyDeppReads - a place to discuss the news, books, plays, projects and materials relating to the works and interests of multi media artist Johnny Depp.

With respect to Mr. Depp we ask that no identifying images of his children be posted here.

JDR gets mentioned in the press
Karen
Posted: Jan 5 2007, 10:27 PM

Administrator/Owner

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Originally posted on 7/22/06 at 12:56 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, July 22, 2006
Depp addicts offer more Web fixes

Johnny Depp isn't just big news at the box office - he's quite the topic of discussion in my e-mails as well. In fact, after the Site-seeing column that ran on July 5, my electronic in-box was jammed with notes of thanks and letters filled with suggestions for more sites in celebration of Depp's many talents. And since it's been a while since I did a readers' roundup, I thought I'd pass some of these along.

Beverly Payne, whose own site, www.johnnydepp-zone.com was mentioned in the original article, wrote:

www.johnnydeppocd.com - "I saw your article on Google about the different Depp sites. You mentioned the JDOCD (Johnny Depp obsessive/compulsive disorder) list on the Depp-Zone.... Well, there is a story behind JDOCD and thought you'd get a kick out of the actual JDOCD Web site. Laura, a member of the Depp-Zone, put this site together earlier this year. Lots of fun reading and you'll get a ton of laughs out of it. By the way, Laura, who coined JDOCD, also has another Depp Web site (which you'll find at) www.potcinteractive.com/home.html.

Kyrila Scully, aka Scully Crossbones (a charter member of POTCIP), wrote about the same site saying: "I have to agree for the most part on your list of best Johnny Depp fan sites. However there are two very important sites you left out":

www.potcinteractive.com is the official site for the POTC Interactive Project organizers of the "Pirates of the Caribbean" interactives which have now been hosted all over the United States, France, England, Germany, Australia, Japan and other locations. "These ladies raise money for charity at their interactives, focusing on charities supported by Johnny Depp and other actors he has worked with on the POTC films.The interactives are similar to the 'Rocky Horror Picture Show' midnight interactives or 'Sound of Music' singalongs, where audience members follow an interactive script while the film is shown. Guests arrive in pirate or wench costumes. It's family friendly and lots of fun." And ...

www.johnnydeppadmirersinc.com is well known for the DeppCons held annually in Los Angeles. DeppCon celebrates the work and inspiring life of Johnny Depp and allows fans the opportunity to gather and discuss their favorite actor, as well as purchase memorabilia. The site offers links to original videos and fan fiction, as well as providing a warehouse of photos, news, video clips and other popular information.

http://johnnydeppreads.com - Enigma Mitchell sent this one in, saying: "I think this is one of the best Johnny sites around. They respect his privacy, don't encourage fan girls drooling and don't post pics of his kids. In addition to the usual news and a good non-gossipy message board forum, they have regular discussions of books that relate to Johnny's films or books his production company has purchased, and they often have their own interviews/Q&As with Johnny-related authors on site."

And finally, there's no extra site here, just this great note from Roberta Schultz, one-third of the amazing Raison D'Etre trio. Roberta wrote: "Loved your Johnny Depp article. I will obviously have to check out those sites since I have the JD OCD! My sister and I were just talking about this last night at dinner. Even the high school students I taught loved him. They'd say, 'Not bad for an older guy!' "

Jan Perry is a Kentucky-based freelance writer. She welcomes your comments questions and suggestions. She's always looking for new topics and sites to include in future columns. Send them to her at SiteSeer2K@aol.com.

--------------------
Now, bring me that horizon...
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive

NOTICE: This site is maintained and updated by its owner, site moderators and fans of actor Johnny Depp, and is in no way affiliated with Mr. Depp, his family, agents or company. Copyrights and trademarks for the films, articles, music, books, photos and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design, my original artwork or photography as well as JDR interviews and book club discussions however are copyright © 2004-2013 JohnnyDeppReads.com. Contact: admin@johnnydeppreads.com

Please note that JohnnyDeppReads.com is not associated with any other sites, blogs, twitterpages, etc other than the ones posted at the top of this page (JDR blogs, etc.). Please report any abuse to admin@johnnydeppreads.com