InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to JohnnyDeppReads!
We've seen the first teaser trailer for MORTDECAI! How fun!!
THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS is still filming in the UK and it looks like Johnny's there filming!
TUSK has opened here in the US.

Register now on JDR! Registered members can see all new posts quickly and all areas of our community are open for all to see, you can also comment or share Depp news here on JDR!!

Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Name:   Password:

JohnnyDeppReads - a place to discuss the news, books, plays, projects and materials relating to the works and interests of multi media artist Johnny Depp.

With respect to Mr. Depp we ask that no paparazzi images of his children be posted.

A fast way to find all new posts
Karen
Posted: Mar 21 2007, 06:10 AM

Administrator/Owner

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Once you are signed in (this feature is only available to registered members) look up to the tool bar directly under the main JDR banner, on the right is an option called "My Assistant" click it and then click "Today's active topics" and it will bring up all of the recent posts.

--------------------
user posted image

No, I don't need help with my bags...I have a bloody manservant! - Charlie Mortdecai
jeppody
Posted: Mar 21 2007, 09:35 AM

Moderator/Admin

Member No.: 4

I do that every time I come here, and it works a treat. The only time I miss a post is caused by user error. biggrin.gif

Anne x

--------------------
user posted image
Made for me by Johnnydepplover. Thanks Sam.
Karen
Posted: Mar 21 2007, 01:35 PM

Administrator/Owner

QUOTE (jeppody @ Mar 21 2007, 10:35 AM)
I do that every time I come here, and it works a treat. The only time I miss a post is caused by user error. biggrin.gif

Anne x

Me too. BootstrapBeck had told me that some people were having a hard time keeping up with all of the new stuff and she told them about this feature, so I thought I'd post about. Maybe it will be a help to more people. snoopydance1.gif

--------------------
user posted image

No, I don't need help with my bags...I have a bloody manservant! - Charlie Mortdecai
Ellen
Posted: Mar 21 2007, 03:44 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 8

QUOTE (Karen @ Mar 21 2007, 02:35 PM)
QUOTE (jeppody @ Mar 21 2007, 10:35 AM)
I do that every time I come here, and it works a treat. The only time I miss a post is caused by user error.  biggrin.gif

Anne x

Me too. BootstrapBeck had told me that some people were having a hard time keeping up with all of the new stuff and she told them about this feature, so I thought I'd post about. Maybe it will be a help to more people. snoopydance1.gif

Thank you Karen. Thank you Beck. It will most definitely help me!

--------------------
user posted image

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. George R.R. Martin

The writer must write what he has to say, not speak it. Ernest Hemingway
Beachbum
Posted: Mar 21 2007, 06:15 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 116

Thank goodness Karen had already told me about this great feature. I was one of the "traveling" ones every night, trying to catch up. laugh.gif

--------------------
"Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly"

Yo
captainjacksparrow
Posted: Mar 21 2007, 06:38 PM

Member No.: 7

Well, considering that there have been a lot of post lately. I can see how some are getting overlooked.

Any tips to help us find everything here is greatly appreciated. thankyou.gif

--------------------
I'm Captain Jack Sparrow, savvy
Karen
Posted: Mar 21 2007, 07:48 PM

Administrator/Owner

Glad to hear that this helps! Can't have ya'll missing anything!! wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image

herestoyou
Posted: Mar 21 2007, 08:14 PM

Member No.: 21

Thanks for the info., I finally figured this out when I was spending a loooong time scrolling through the main menus to find new posts. This was saves so much time! thankyou.gif

--------------------
"It is not the destination so much as the journey" ~Capt. Jack Sparrow
sandluvsjd
Posted: May 15 2008, 07:22 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,352

banghead.gif Sorry to bother you all. However I have a question that I have tried to solve myself and am at a loss. I have read the advice about going to "my assistant" for new posts. Which is great. The only problem is that once in a while I will discover that there have been posts that I never saw or read. They appear as if I have read them but I haven't. What can I do correct this? I must be doing something incorrect. I'm sure it is something very simple and (RED FACED) opps I am sorry. Do posts after a period of time indicate "read" if you have not been on line for a while? I would be indebted to anyone that can help me solve this mystery.
Health and happiness to all, Sandra unsure.gif
herestoyou
Posted: May 15 2008, 08:38 PM

Member No.: 21

I'm not sure if this will help or not---when I click on the My Assistant link, I then click on Today's Active Posts--this should bring up any threads that have had replies since the last time I logged on. I know that sometimes when I've done that, but then leave JDR, when I come back later, it will show that the replies have been read even though I hadn't opened them earlier. Usually I remember which ones I didn't check, so I then go back and check them, but sometimes I miss some, too. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that could be what's happening with you. Hope that makes sense smile.gif

-Donna

--------------------
"It is not the destination so much as the journey" ~Capt. Jack Sparrow
Karen
Posted: May 15 2008, 08:41 PM

Administrator/Owner

QUOTE (herestoyou @ May 15 2008, 09:38 PM)
I'm not sure if this will help or not---when I click on the My Assistant link, I then click on Today's Active Posts--this should bring up any threads that have had replies since the last time I logged on. I know that sometimes when I've done that, but then leave JDR, when I come back later, it will show that the replies have been read even though I hadn't opened them earlier. Usually I remember which ones I didn't check, so I then go back and check them, but sometimes I miss some, too. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that could be what's happening with you. Hope that makes sense smile.gif

-Donna

Donna, that was a great explanation of exactly what's happening! Thank you!

--------------------
user posted image

sandluvsjd
Posted: May 15 2008, 10:42 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,352

woohoocheer.gif bowdown.gif That is exactly what I have been doing. What would I do without your help? I did not realize that if I only read a couple posts then left that all would show as read. I KNEW IT WAS SOMETHING SIMPLE!! You are all such a great help. It is such a pleasure to have found you all. I must warn you that there MAY? be more simple questions to come. Hope not but I know how my "mind" works on occasion. thankyou.gif thankyou.gif thankyou.gif
shakenbsis
Posted: May 19 2008, 06:55 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,585

QUOTE (herestoyou @ May 15 2008, 09:38 PM)

-Donna

Donna and all who posted inthis thread, THANK YOU!

I am getting so confused having so little on-line time with down computers. This will be a big time saver (I'd sure hate to miss anything!) once I do get back on-line.

Gotta go for now, only 8 min left on library time!

thankyou.gif thankyou.gif thankyou.gif

--------------------
user posted image
andir
Posted: May 16 2010, 05:29 PM

Group: Newbie
Member No.: 8,385

jhonny depp i like your movies
Karen
Posted: May 16 2010, 06:44 PM

Administrator/Owner

QUOTE (andir @ May 16 2010, 06:29 PM)
jhonny  depp  i  like  your  movies

We are glad to have you here, but please understand that this is a "fan board" - Johnny doesn't run this board.

--------------------
user posted image

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive

NOTICE: This site is maintained and updated by its owner, site moderators and fans of actor Johnny Depp, and is in no way affiliated with Mr. Depp, his family, agents or company. Copyrights and trademarks for the films, articles, music, books, photos and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design, my original artwork or photography as well as JDR interviews and book club discussions however are copyright © 2004-2013 JohnnyDeppReads.com. Contact: admin@johnnydeppreads.com

Please note that JohnnyDeppReads.com is not associated with any other sites, blogs, twitterpages, etc other than the ones posted at the top of this page (JDR blogs, etc.). Please report any abuse to admin@johnnydeppreads.com