InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to JohnnyDeppReads!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!
We've had news that Johnny's project with JP Donleavy, THE GINGER MAN is finally moving forward. And we've also heard that "Pintel" will be returning for POTC5! I can't help but wonder who will be next?

Register now on JDR! Registered members can see all new posts quickly and all areas of our community are open for all to see, you can also comment or share Depp news here on JDR!!

Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Name:   Password:

JohnnyDeppReads - a place to discuss the news, books, plays, projects and materials relating to the works and interests of multi media artist Johnny Depp.

With respect to Mr. Depp we ask that no paparazzi images of his children be posted.

Thin Man news, Who will play Nora?
Karen
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 03:47 PM

Administrator/Owner

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Hot Role For Actresses? ‘Thin Man’ Remake Has ‘Em All Lined Up To Play Nora Charles

By MIKE FLEMING 

Thursday March 29, 2012 @ 3:22pm EDT

EXCLUSIVE: Rob Marshall next week begins meetings to find who’ll play Nora in the Warner Bros remake of The Thin Man. Here are the named I’m hearing who are interested in cavorting with Johnny Depp, who’ll play the tipsy socialite-turned-sleuth Nick Charles: Eva Green, Amy Adams, Emma Stone, Carey Mulligan, Rachel Weisz, Kristen Wiig, Emily Blunt and Isla Fisher. This one should be fun!

--------------------
user posted image

No, I don't need help with my bags...I have a bloody manservant! - Charlie Mortdecai
Karen
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 03:49 PM

Administrator/Owner

woohoocheer.gif crossfingers.gif I've always thought Amy Adams would make a great Nora Charles!!! She's smart, can deliver witty banter and has the body shape to wear the 1930s clothes!

Who do you all like?

--------------------
user posted image

No, I don't need help with my bags...I have a bloody manservant! - Charlie Mortdecai
ivycastle
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 05:36 PM

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5

I'm going to have to take a look at all those women before I can decide. LOL
Joanie

--------------------
user posted image
Karen
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 08:07 PM

Administrator/Owner

QUOTE (ivycastle @ Mar 29 2012, 06:36 PM)
I'm going to have to take a look at all those women before I can decide. LOL
Joanie

LOL Watch it turn out to be NONE of them. laugh.gif

--------------------
user posted image

ReadinDeppth
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 06:46 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 114

Well, I still am wishing that the quirky little actress who would play Simone Beavoir inwould be chosen, but I'm sure Hollywood would hold out for an American actress. Oh well. I can wish.

I'm getting the feeling it might be a lesser known or totally unknown.

Glad to hear it's moving on though.

Thanks for the update.

Holly

--------------------
(Chicago 6/21/08 - 3:00 a.m.)
user posted image
"There is a feeling with certain people whether we know them or not that them breathing the same air, at the same time you are, that makes the world a better place to live in." ~ Nick Tosches
Karen
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 07:28 AM

Administrator/Owner

QUOTE (ReadinDeppth @ Mar 30 2012, 07:46 AM)
Well, I still am wishing that the quirky little actress who would play Simone Beavoir inwould be chosen, but I'm sure Hollywood would hold out for an American actress. Oh well. I can wish.

I'm getting the feeling it might be a lesser known or totally unknown.

Glad to hear it's moving on though.

Thanks for the update.

Holly

I'm hoping for an American actress and I'm betting on a fairly well known actress for Nora.They need someone who is cross promotional, and there was a difference of many years between Myrna Loy and William Powell. Just like it was smart for DIsney to use Armie Hammer for the Lone Ranger, he's popular in his own right, and brings in a whole different demographic to the film. wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image

herestoyou
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 06:51 PM

Member No.: 21

I vote for Eva Green myself out of that group... tongue.gif or Jessica Chastain...

Donna

--------------------
"It is not the destination so much as the journey" ~Capt. Jack Sparrow
Tina
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 05:11 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Newbie
Member No.: 8,854

QUOTE (herestoyou @ Mar 30 2012, 06:51 PM)
I vote for Eva Green  myself out of that group... tongue.gif or Jessica Chastain...

Donna

thumbsup.gif

Eva's my choice, too. She seems to have done a good job with an American accent in Dark Shadows. I think Isla has a lot more acting chops than she gets credit for. Sometimes, actors never get a chance to show more than one type of character. I still can't believe what a great job she did with her voice in Rango. The rest of the actresses are too young, not right, or I just don't like them. tongue.gif

Jessica Chastain - can't see her as Nora, but she was my favorite actress in The Help. She presented a character that was a believable human being - funny, miserable, serious, mischievous, smart.

--------------------
“I was interested in everything and committed to nothing.” — Lin, Shantaram</span></span>
Karen
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 05:15 PM

Administrator/Owner

Just FYI.... when the original actors were cast...

William Powell who plays Nick Charles was 42.

Myrna Loy who plays Nora Charles was 29.

SO there was a 13 year difference in their ages... just a thought.

--------------------
user posted image

Karen
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 05:31 PM

Administrator/Owner

OK I just did the math...

Depp's 49 this year so....

Emma Stone - 24

Carey Mulligan - 27

Emily Blunt - 29

Eva Green - 32

Isla Fisher - 36

Amy Adams - 38

Rachel Weisz - 42

Kristin Wiig - 45

So I don't know about you, but I think anyone young enough to be his real life daughter is just creepy. So, age wise, that rules out anyone 29 or younger in my personal "ewww" factor.

--------------------
user posted image

Tina
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 05:36 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Newbie
Member No.: 8,854

I guess when I wrote 'too young," I was thinking maturity. Having a hard time explaining it, but I find a lot of young actresses these days, just like kids in general, don't have very mature speaking patterns. Sort of a lazy way of speaking, poor vocabularly and pronunciation, slang. Think: Kristen Stewart, Emma Stone (I lke her, though). Even though Drew Barrymore isn't so young anymore, I find her lisping speech annoying and the same in every movie she's in - it takes me out of the movie. I like all of Music & Lyrics except her scenes.

There are young actresses who could be Nora. Just not the ones listed here, IMO. Plus, I don't want to read all the comments about the age gap being "creepy," or "pedophilic." No younger than 30, please.

--------------------
“I was interested in everything and committed to nothing.” — Lin, Shantaram</span></span>
Karen
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 08:09 PM

Administrator/Owner

QUOTE (Tina @ Mar 31 2012, 06:36 PM)
I guess when I wrote 'too young," I was thinking maturity. Having a hard time explaining it, but I find a lot of young actresses these days, just like kids in general, don't have very mature speaking patterns. Sort of a lazy way of speaking, poor vocabularly and pronunciation, slang. Think: Kristen Stewart, Emma Stone (I lke her, though). Even though Drew Barrymore isn't so young anymore, I find her lisping speech annoying and the same in every movie she's in - it takes me out of the movie. I like all of Music & Lyrics except her scenes.

There are young actresses who could be Nora. Just not the ones listed here, IMO. Plus, I don't want to read all the comments about the age gap being "creepy," or "pedophilic." No younger than 30, please.

agreed.gif

--------------------
user posted image

herestoyou
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 08:18 PM

Member No.: 21

I'm not sure the age difference will be a consideration in the film version. It was customary in that time to pair much older actors with younger actresses...I just don't know if that would be what they will go for in the film....just my opinion...

Donna

--------------------
"It is not the destination so much as the journey" ~Capt. Jack Sparrow
Karen
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 08:41 PM

Administrator/Owner

Personally, I don't like to see people paired with spouses young enough to be their child.

But I think that in the book, the ages were a bit off too. I think Nora was about 25 or 26 and that Nick was maybe 40 -41? And they married when she was really young, like 19.

But we are learning that no matter what the source material is, it can be changed to suit the studio/writer/director/producers/star.

--------------------
user posted image

CaptainJ'sGirl
Posted: Apr 5 2012, 06:26 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,099

Hmm...this is a tough call. I guess we will have to watch and wait.

~ captainjack.gif

--------------------
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive

NOTICE: This site is maintained and updated by its owner, site moderators and fans of actor Johnny Depp, and is in no way affiliated with Mr. Depp, his family, agents or company. Copyrights and trademarks for the films, articles, music, books, photos and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design, my original artwork or photography as well as JDR interviews and book club discussions however are copyright © 2004-2014 JohnnyDeppReads.com. Contact: admin@johnnydeppreads.com

Please note that JohnnyDeppReads.com is not associated with any other sites, blogs, twitterpages, etc other than the ones posted at the top of this page (JDR blogs, etc.). Please report any abuse to admin@johnnydeppreads.com