zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to JohnnyDeppReads!
HAPPY AUTUMN!!

We've had news that Johnny's project with JP Donleavy, THE GINGER MAN is finally moving forward. And we've also heard that "Pintel" will be returning for POTC5! I can't help but wonder who will be next? MARTY! Marty's back too! arrrrrrrrrrr

Register now on JDR! Registered members can see all new posts quickly and all areas of our community are open for all to see, you can also comment or share Depp news here on JDR!!

Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Name:   Password:

JohnnyDeppReads - a place to discuss the news, books, plays, projects and materials relating to the works and interests of multi media artist Johnny Depp.

With respect to Mr. Depp we ask that no paparazzi images of his children be posted.

Depp in Beetlejuice reboot?
Karen
Posted: Mar 20 2012, 11:24 AM

Administrator/Owner

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Will 'Beetlejuice' Sequel Feature Johnny Depp Cameo?

Posted 3 hours ago by Kara Warner

It seems like every other day there's an announcement about a movie studio making plans to reboot or re-imagine a favorite film or franchise from the past. Not all of the news is good news of course, but when it comes to the possibility of a sequel or prequel or anything involving "Beetlejuice,"  be still our Tim Burton and Michael Keaton-loving hearts, for nothing delights us more than the idea of returning to Burton's quirky underworld.

Although the "Dark Shadows" and "Frankenweenie" director has his hands very full at the moment, there is a very real possibility that we will see another "Beetlejuice" movie in the near future. One, according to screenwriter Seth Grahame-Smith, that will involve a decent amount of the original players, plus the possible cameo or supporting role played by Mr. Johnny Depp.

"I am hopefully going to write it this year," Grahame-Smith told MTV News over the weekend at the WonderCon festivities for "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter," which he wrote. "Iíve gone and met with Tim Burton about it, Iíve gone and met with Michael Keaton about it, in theory everybody would be open to it if the script is good, so now itís just my job to make sure the script is good."

So what other original players might we look forward to seeing in such an intriguing film?

"So far, nobody that we would go public with, but there might be some fun surprises, who knows."

Not to read too much between the lines there, but that totally sounds like everyone from the original would be down to do another movie. I then jokingly told Grahame-Smith that he should just go ahead and write a cameo in there for Johnny Depp, and much to my surprise he agreed!

"I may not be able to avoid it, [Burton] may make me do it," he said of Depp getting involved.

Has Grahame-Smith already become best buds with Depp and brought up the subject then?

"Yeah but we havenít talked about that at all, weíre focused on 'Dark Shadows' right now," he said. "And heís pretty extraordinary in that movie, heís pretty hilarious."

I don't doubt it. But I bet he'd be equally hilarious and/or awesome in "Beetlejuice." Hurry up and write that script, Seth!

--------------------
user posted image

No, I don't need help with my bags...I have a bloody manservant! - Charlie Mortdecai
Ellen
Posted: Mar 20 2012, 02:39 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 8

Oh please leave it alone banghead.gif

--------------------
user posted image

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. George R.R. Martin

The writer must write what he has to say, not speak it. Ernest Hemingway
Spice
Posted: Mar 20 2012, 03:41 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,162

QUOTE (Ellen @ Mar 20 2012, 03:39 PM)

They can't leave anything alone. I'm fed up of them redoing classics. angry.gif

--------------------
user posted image
amp
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 10:11 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 84

QUOTE (Ellen @ Mar 20 2012, 04:39 PM)

agreed.gif

--------------------
user posted image
ivycastle
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 05:37 PM

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5

QUOTE (amp @ Mar 29 2012, 12:11 PM)
QUOTE (Ellen @ Mar 20 2012, 04:39 PM)
Oh please leave it alone  banghead.gif

agreed.gif

Ditto!
Joanie

--------------------
user posted image
Karen
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 08:15 PM

Administrator/Owner

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

agreed.gif

--------------------
user posted image

No, I don't need help with my bags...I have a bloody manservant! - Charlie Mortdecai
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive

NOTICE: This site is maintained and updated by its owner, site moderators and fans of actor Johnny Depp, and is in no way affiliated with Mr. Depp, his family, agents or company. Copyrights and trademarks for the films, articles, music, books, photos and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design, my original artwork or photography as well as JDR interviews and book club discussions however are copyright © 2004-2014 JohnnyDeppReads.com. Contact: admin@johnnydeppreads.com

Please note that JohnnyDeppReads.com is not associated with any other sites, blogs, twitterpages, etc other than the ones posted at the top of this page (JDR blogs, etc.). Please report any abuse to admin@johnnydeppreads.com