InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to JohnnyDeppReads!
We've seen the first teaser trailer for MORTDECAI! How fun!!
THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS is still filming in the UK and it looks like Johnny's there filming!
TUSK has opened here in the US.

Register now on JDR! Registered members can see all new posts quickly and all areas of our community are open for all to see, you can also comment or share Depp news here on JDR!!

Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Name:   Password:

JohnnyDeppReads - a place to discuss the news, books, plays, projects and materials relating to the works and interests of multi media artist Johnny Depp.

With respect to Mr. Depp we ask that no paparazzi images of his children be posted.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
herestoyou
Posted: Jan 22 2012, 11:42 AM

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 21

I saw this last night and was a little disappointed---very slow moving. It IS a throwback to the old style spy genre though, but needed more pacing. I LOVE Gary Oldman but thought he was rather lackluster in this one & I don't get the hype for his performance. However, it was fun to see some of the cast that have been in Johnny's films---Stephen Graham(Public Enemies, P4), once again, had a small but important role, Toby Jones(FNeverland=Smee) had a key role. One actor that I've really come to like is Benedict Cumberbatch--he was excellent in his part and stars in the current BBC Sherlock Holmes mini-series(If you haven't seen this series, check it out--available on Nextflix streaming and I believe DVD)

Colin Firth did a nice job as did all the actors, but it just seemed to drag to a predictable conclusion. So, I can't say I hated it, but I think Girl With the Dragon Tattoo much more interesting as far as suspense.

Just my opnion...anyone else see it?

Donna

--------------------
"It is not the destination so much as the journey" ~Capt. Jack Sparrow
nurseanne8
Posted: Jan 22 2012, 03:14 PM

Member No.: 12

Donna thanks for the review I have heard that the film moved slow and read an interview in which C. Firth stated he was confused with parts of the plot-I hope Gary Oldman beats George C. for an Oscar but it seems to be "King George's" year. Anne r smile.gif
herestoyou
Posted: Jan 22 2012, 04:30 PM

Anne it can be confusing as some parts seemed random, but made sense in the end. Definitely not a film that ;you can leave for a bathroom break tongue.gif I haven't seen Clooney's films(sorry, he just seems "one note" to me), but I don't think Oldman's character flashy enough to get the Oscar(just my opinion though) smile.gif

Donna

--------------------
nurseanne8
Posted: Jan 22 2012, 04:51 PM

Member No.: 12

I have not seen any George C. films this year but he seems like he has some of the Hollywood brass in his corner......Anne r
herestoyou
Posted: Jan 22 2012, 08:03 PM

QUOTE (nurseanne8 @ Jan 22 2012, 03:51 PM)
I have not seen any George C. films this year but he seems like he has some of the Hollywood brass in his corner......Anne r

agreed.gif He plays the Hollywood game to the hilt. I'm sure he's a nice guy personally, but he seems to promote himself whenever possible.....

Donna

--------------------
Karen
Posted: Jan 22 2012, 11:17 PM

Administrator/Owner

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (herestoyou @ Jan 22 2012, 09:03 PM)
QUOTE (nurseanne8 @ Jan 22 2012, 03:51 PM)

agreed.gif He plays the Hollywood game to the hilt. I'm sure he's a nice guy personally, but he seems to promote himself whenever possible.....

Donna

LOL Yes, he IS a master at the game. He's on the red carpet before the carpet is finished being layed out, and he's there until they roll it up again after the event. laugh.gif

--------------------
user posted image

No, I don't need help with my bags...I have a bloody manservant! - Charlie Mortdecai
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive

NOTICE: This site is maintained and updated by its owner, site moderators and fans of actor Johnny Depp, and is in no way affiliated with Mr. Depp, his family, agents or company. Copyrights and trademarks for the films, articles, music, books, photos and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design, my original artwork or photography as well as JDR interviews and book club discussions however are copyright © 2004-2013 JohnnyDeppReads.com. Contact: admin@johnnydeppreads.com

Please note that JohnnyDeppReads.com is not associated with any other sites, blogs, twitterpages, etc other than the ones posted at the top of this page (JDR blogs, etc.). Please report any abuse to admin@johnnydeppreads.com