Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to JohnnyDeppReads!
HAPPY AUTUMN!!

We've had news that Johnny's project with JP Donleavy, THE GINGER MAN is finally moving forward. And we've also heard that "Pintel" will be returning for POTC5! I can't help but wonder who will be next? MARTY! Marty's back too! arrrrrrrrrrr

Register now on JDR! Registered members can see all new posts quickly and all areas of our community are open for all to see, you can also comment or share Depp news here on JDR!!

Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Name:   Password:

JohnnyDeppReads - a place to discuss the news, books, plays, projects and materials relating to the works and interests of multi media artist Johnny Depp.

With respect to Mr. Depp we ask that no paparazzi images of his children be posted.

Depp to Adapt 'The Vault'
Karen
Posted: Aug 4 2011, 05:26 PM

Administrator/Owner

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Johnny Depp, Graham King Teaming to Adapt 'The Vault' Comic Book (Exclusive)King's GK Films and Depp's Infinitum Nihil will produce a film based on the Image comic written by Sam Sarkar.
August 4

7:06 PM 8/4/2011 by Borys Kit

GK Films has picked up film rights to The Vault, an Image comic book written by Sam Sarkar, an executive at Johnny Depp’s Infinitum Nihil production shingle.

Depp and Nihil’s president Christi Dembrowski will produce the movie adaptation along with GK’s Graham King and Tim Headington.

Written by Sarkar and drawn by Garrie Gastonny, the underwater sci-fi story centers on a group of divers who, off the coast of Nov Scotia, uncover a sarcophagus with unusual remains and inadvertently unleash an ancient evil. Sarkar and Gastonny previously created the supernatural Western graphic novel Calber for Radical Publishing.

Vault is a three-issue mini-series. The first issue hit stores this week.

King, whose company has a first-look deal with Nihil, recently worked with Depp on the Paramount animated film Rango. King has Hugo Cabret, Martin Scorsese’s first foray into kids adventure, in the can and set for release November 23 by Paramount.

Sarkar is repped by CAA and the Schiff Co.

--------------------
user posted image

No, I don't need help with my bags...I have a bloody manservant! - Charlie Mortdecai
Karen
Posted: Aug 4 2011, 05:29 PM

Administrator/Owner

I was able to review Sam Sarkar's "The Vault", read it here on JDR!

http://johnnydeppreads.com/index.php?showtopic=10304

--------------------
user posted image

No, I don't need help with my bags...I have a bloody manservant! - Charlie Mortdecai
herestoyou
Posted: Aug 4 2011, 07:28 PM

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 21

Wonderful news! Let's hope this one makes it to the big screen. crossfingers.gif

-Donna

--------------------
"It is not the destination so much as the journey" ~Capt. Jack Sparrow
nurseanne8
Posted: Aug 4 2011, 07:29 PM

Member No.: 12

Thanks for the review Karen and I hope this will make it to the theaters. smile.gif Anne r
ivycastle
Posted: Aug 5 2011, 03:16 PM

Member No.: 5

Great review. Since Borders no longer exists, I hope I can find it at Barnes & Noble.
Joanie

--------------------
user posted image
Karen
Posted: Aug 5 2011, 03:59 PM

Administrator/Owner

QUOTE (ivycastle @ Aug 5 2011, 04:16 PM)
Great review. Since Borders no longer exists, I hope I can find it at Barnes & Noble.
Joanie

Or check with your local comic book store! Give them a call!

--------------------
user posted image

Karen
Posted: Aug 6 2011, 01:21 PM

Administrator/Owner

Johnny Depp and Graham King to adapt THE VAULT

August 5th, 2011

Media Release -- Sam Sarkar is proud to announce that his latest title, THE VAULT, is being adapted for film by Graham King's GK Films and Johnny Depp's Infinitum Nihil. Based on the comic miniseries created and written by Sarkar (Caliber: First Canon of Justice), illustrated by Garrie Gastonny (Senior artist at Imaginary Friends Studios, Warren Ellis' Supergod) and edited by Dave Elliott (current Editor-in-Chief of Benaroya Publishing), THE VAULT will be produced by Johnny Depp, along with Infinitum Nihil's president, Christi Dembrowski, as well as Graham King and Tim Headington from GK Films. Sam Sarkar is repped by Jon Levin at CAA and Nicole Romano and David Schiff of The Schiff Company.

THE VAULT is about a small team of treasure hunters, struggling to excavate a dangerous and legendary treasure pit before a massive storm hits Sable Island, the "Graveyard of the North Atlantic." Equipped with all the latest technology, the scientists believe they are prepared against all of nature's fury, but nothing can prepare them for what they are about to unleash.

"So thankful and happy to have the support of Johnny, Christi, Graham, Tim and Denis in bringing the movie of the Vault to life." States Sarkar. "Lots more surprises to come!"

THE VAULT is a 3-issue miniseries published by Image Comics, with issues #1-3 available to order through Diamond Comic Distributors (www.diamondcomics.com).

ABOUT GK FILMS
Academy Award winning producer Graham King launched his independent production company, GK Films, in May 2007 with business partner Tim Headington. GK Films is determined to leave its mark on the independent film world, acting not only as a production company, but also with premium marketing, publicity, business affairs and International sales divisions. Under King's previous banner, Initial Entertainment Group, he produced such critically and commercially successful films as Gangs of New York, The Aviator, Ali, Traffic and The Departed. In total, his films have been nominated for 41 Academy Awards, 27 Golden Globes and 35 British Academy Awards, and have made over $1.5 billion at the worldwide box office. For more information, visit www.gk-films.com

ABOUT INFINITUM NIHIL

Johnny Depp and Christi Dembrowski, whose Infinitum Nihil has a production deal with GK Films, have been busy: The Rum Diary, which was written and directed by Bruce Robinson and stars Depp, will be released by FilmDistrict on October 28, 2011; the Martin Scorsese-directed 3D Hugo Cabret will be released Nov. 23, 2011 by Paramount Pictures; and they are now shooting the TV series transfer, Dark Shadows, at Warner Bros, with Depp starring and Tim Burton directing. Both Dark Shadows and The Night Stalker were based on series produced by the late Dan Curtis.

ABOUT SAM SARKAR

Born in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Sam Sarkar is a 23-year veteran of the entertainment industry. He began his career as an actor and was one of the leads on the long-running, syndicated television series Neon Rider. Following the series, Sam decided to pursue writing and worked for the hit television series Beverly Hills 90210. Stemming from his work on the show, he also co-wrote a television pilot for Spelling Entertainment under the direct guidance of TV legend Aaron Spelling. Deciding then to embark on feature films, Sam took some chances, following a varied path of writing screenplays and working as a sound technician. In 2004, after working on several films with actor Johnny Depp, Sam was asked to help run Depp's production company, Infinitum Nihil, headed by Christi Dembrowski. As Senior VP at the company, he continues to serve the varied needs of Hollywood as an executive, producer and writer.

ABOUT GARRIE GASTONNY

Having worked as a comic book artist and illustration lecturer, Garrie Gastonny now mainly focuses on illustration to avoid getting beaten up. Garrie also serves as Senior Artist at Imaginary Friends Studios. His credits include Warren Ellis' Supergod, Caliber: First Canon of Justice and Lady Death. For more information about the artist, please visit http://thegerjoos.deviantart.com/.

--------------------
user posted image

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive

NOTICE: This site is maintained and updated by its owner, site moderators and fans of actor Johnny Depp, and is in no way affiliated with Mr. Depp, his family, agents or company. Copyrights and trademarks for the films, articles, music, books, photos and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design, my original artwork or photography as well as JDR interviews and book club discussions however are copyright © 2004-2014 JohnnyDeppReads.com. Contact: admin@johnnydeppreads.com

Please note that JohnnyDeppReads.com is not associated with any other sites, blogs, twitterpages, etc other than the ones posted at the top of this page (JDR blogs, etc.). Please report any abuse to admin@johnnydeppreads.com