Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to JohnnyDeppReads!
We've seen the first teaser trailer for MORTDECAI! How fun!!
THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS is still filming in the UK and it looks like Johnny's there filming!
TUSK has opened here in the US.

Register now on JDR! Registered members can see all new posts quickly and all areas of our community are open for all to see, you can also comment or share Depp news here on JDR!!

Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Name:   Password:

JohnnyDeppReads - a place to discuss the news, books, plays, projects and materials relating to the works and interests of multi media artist Johnny Depp.

With respect to Mr. Depp we ask that no paparazzi images of his children be posted.

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Seen HARRY POTTER??
Karen
Posted: Jul 15 2011, 03:03 PM

Administrator/Owner

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

OK...who's seen HARRY POTTER???

SPOILERS

Who wants to talk about it? Did you like it? Did they do a good job in ending the series? Did it live up to your expectation??

--------------------
user posted image

No, I don't need help with my bags...I have a bloody manservant! - Charlie Mortdecai
ivycastle
Posted: Jul 15 2011, 03:35 PM

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5

It was great. It really kept to the book. I was teary eyed a few times... Especially the memories of Snape. The ending was absolutely perfect.
Joanie

--------------------
user posted image
Karen
Posted: Jul 16 2011, 06:49 AM

Administrator/Owner

THanks Joanie! I hope to get to the theater this weekend sometime. banghead.gif I hate it when real life takes over.... unsure.gif

--------------------
user posted image

No, I don't need help with my bags...I have a bloody manservant! - Charlie Mortdecai
ivycastle
Posted: Jul 16 2011, 12:50 PM

I didn't want to say too much yet until I know others have seen it.
Joanie

--------------------
user posted image
rachaelk101
Posted: Jul 16 2011, 02:30 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,576

I saw it and thought it was fantastic! They changed a few scenes, and didn't have a lot of stuff from the book, (one including a very special scene with Neville that I was VERY dissapointed they didn't have) But overall I think they did a great job. It was deffinetly a tear-jerker if you love the series, I cried at least 5 different times. I also really enjoyed the music in this movie, with new songs and ones from the earlier movies. The filming of it was great as well, a lot of cool shots and angles, and I just really enjoyed it. Going again tomorrow to see it! thumbsup.gif

--------------------
“I think the thing to do is to enjoy the ride while you're on it.”

Rachael
Karen
Posted: Jul 17 2011, 06:14 AM

Administrator/Owner

Thanks Rachel!

One of our local theaters is only showing HP on all of its screens!!

--------------------
user posted image

Karen
Posted: Jul 17 2011, 12:13 PM

Administrator/Owner

QUOTE (Karen @ Jul 17 2011, 07:14 AM)
Thanks Rachel!

Met some friends at the theater...seems out of 15 screens, Harry Potter is on 13 of them. We got there for the 9:45am show and found that they already had a couple of theaters open and running. We were lucky enough to walk into one of the 9am screenings as there was still 140 seats left. It was almost full when the movie finally started.

Now remember these are for showtimes that were not even advertised. They had a back up plan and so they opened theaters as needed. AMAZING!

It's been so long since I read the book, I was OK with the movie that we got. I really enjoyed it, thought it was fabulous. Especially the scenes with Snape.

Did anyone have applause at the end? I thought there would be some, but there wasn't at my showing. Wonder if there is at other showings? Also, we did not get the Hugo trailer.

We were in a 2D showing and wondered if it might be in a 3 D showing?? The best trailer that we saw was for Sherlock Holmes.

I need to see it again... wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image

ivycastle
Posted: Jul 17 2011, 01:22 PM

Karen, the Hugo trailer is with the 3D version of Harry Potter. I went to see it again today. I still think the best part are Snape's memories. Theater was half way full. No applause like there was the first time I saw it.
Joanie

--------------------
user posted image
rachaelk101
Posted: Jul 17 2011, 01:41 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Karen @ Jul 17 2011, 12:13 PM)
QUOTE (Karen @ Jul 17 2011, 07:14 AM)
Thanks Rachel!

Met some friends at the theater...seems out of 15 screens, Harry Potter is on 13 of them. We got there for the 9:45am show and found that they already had a couple of theaters open and running. We were lucky enough to walk into one of the 9am screenings as there was still 140 seats left. It was almost full when the movie finally started.

Now remember these are for showtimes that were not even advertised. They had a back up plan and so they opened theaters as needed. AMAZING!

It's been so long since I read the book, I was OK with the movie that we got. I really enjoyed it, thought it was fabulous. Especially the scenes with Snape.

Did anyone have applause at the end? I thought there would be some, but there wasn't at my showing. Wonder if there is at other showings? Also, we did not get the Hugo trailer.

We were in a 2D showing and wondered if it might be in a 3 D showing?? The best trailer that we saw was for Sherlock Holmes.

I need to see it again... wink.gif

It was at our local theater and it was playing in 15 out of 20 screens. There was no applause at the end, however there was a thunderous applause on the bellatrix scene (if you've seen it you know which one I'm takling about) and we could hear other theaters cheering too (they all started at the same time). The only trailer we got before ours was for the new Batman movie. I really, really enjoyed the Snape scenes, but I also really loved the sad scene with Ron, and LOVED the scenes with Nevile, finally he gets to be seen as a hero! I loved it.

--------------------

Rachael
nurseanne8
Posted: Jul 17 2011, 02:39 PM

Member No.: 12

Thanks everyone for all the info on HP; question I have not seen the film released on Nov. do I need to see it before I go and see this one? and i think the new Sherlock film looks promising from the online trailers. Anne r smile.gif
rachaelk101
Posted: Jul 17 2011, 02:45 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (nurseanne8 @ Jul 17 2011, 02:39 PM)
Thanks everyone for all the info on HP; question I have not seen the film released on Nov. do I need to see it before I go and see this one? and i think the new Sherlock film looks promising from the online trailers. Anne r smile.gif

If you have read the books you don't HAVE to see Part 1, but if you haven't then you will be very confused. blink.gif

--------------------

Rachael
~Night*Star~
Posted: Jul 18 2011, 03:13 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,226

I went to see a small marathon with Part 1 and Part 2 in the cinema the day it came out here smile.gif It was pretty nice, though I was a bit disappointed for some stuff they changed or left out...

--------------------
user posted image
Karen
Posted: Jul 18 2011, 07:08 AM

Administrator/Owner

I like that idea of a mini-marathon!

One of my friends had not read the books and had only seen the first movie. None of us knew this until we were talking about the resurrection stone and the fact that we saw Harry move in Hagrid's arms while allowing all to think he had died. Poor guy was totally lost and just thought the movie was OK. We all thought it a decent and fine ending. Even though some things were left out.

Although I STILL WANTED Harry to be Hogwart's Head Master. unsure.gif

--------------------
user posted image

rachaelk101
Posted: Jul 19 2011, 01:24 AM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Karen @ Jul 18 2011, 07:08 AM)

Although I STILL WANTED Harry to be Hogwart's Head Master. unsure.gif

agreed.gif

--------------------

Rachael
herestoyou
Posted: Aug 3 2011, 06:46 PM

Member No.: 21

Joining in very late here as I just saw HP today---however, I did get to see it on a HUGE IMAX 3D screen which was fabulous.

I thought they did an excellent job of taking the most important parts of the book to the film. As it was, the film was over 2 hours long and I think adding more minutes would have lost me. My DD has read the books several times so she filled me in on what was left out; it didn't seem to bother her & I didn't find that I missed it either.

OK--as for the look of the film--just the way I pictured it! I knew this would be the more action oriented part & I was looking forward to the big battle scenes. However, as others have said, Snape's memories were wonderful to watch & the realization that he really was a "good man" for the viewer(teary-eyed moment) there. The part near the end when the 3 are standing out in the open after Voldemort is killed was a teary eyed moment, too, as I realized that's the end of the film series. I'm glad they added the 19 year later part, too. All in all, the whole series was very well done, true to the book as much as possible in my opinion.

I also was happy to see Neville be a hero, too. smile.gif

-Donna

--------------------
"It is not the destination so much as the journey" ~Capt. Jack Sparrow
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Pages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive

NOTICE: This site is maintained and updated by its owner, site moderators and fans of actor Johnny Depp, and is in no way affiliated with Mr. Depp, his family, agents or company. Copyrights and trademarks for the films, articles, music, books, photos and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design, my original artwork or photography as well as JDR interviews and book club discussions however are copyright © 2004-2013 JohnnyDeppReads.com. Contact: admin@johnnydeppreads.com

Please note that JohnnyDeppReads.com is not associated with any other sites, blogs, twitterpages, etc other than the ones posted at the top of this page (JDR blogs, etc.). Please report any abuse to admin@johnnydeppreads.com